PDA

View Full Version : Storm Reign of Power review by Staffer Scott Widmer

SWidmer
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
My layout is 55 degrees by 4 1/4 inches by 3 1/2 pin buffer

After throwing the Reign of Power for the last month there is no doubt in my mind that the C.A.M. weight block and PFT cover are a great match. The second week bowling league with the ball I shot 300/827 in a house I typically struggle mightily with under/over, especially in game 3 (300 game). I was extremely impressed that the Reign of Power was able to maintain the same reaction all night long and not quit in the back as the night went on. If anything it felt like the reaction got better as the night went on for a change.

The most noticeable characteristic of the Reign of Power is the ease which it gets down the lane even with the 1000 grit finish of the PFT cover stock. The next noticeable characteristic is the way the ball handles the transition from oil to a dry surface, it doesn't just hit the dry and stop or go directly in the opposite direction. You'll see a strong but smooth and controllable reaction shape which also continues through the pins very well.

When getting the Reign of Power drilled up I was hoping to have something similar to the Reign of Fire, which I really liked. What I ended up with was an even better ball and reaction. I remember the Reign of Fire to be more angular in reaction shape and more sensitive to dry surfaces.

Based on what I have seen from mine and what I have been hearing from other staffers as well I feel Storm has really hit a home run with this ball. Don't be left out while your competition is striking up a storm with their Reign of Power.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ahgOt4_r4