PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Bowling Tournament - every weekend in June - N. Virginia, near DC.

mccaskid
03-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Just wanted to let tournament bowlers know of an upcoming bowling tournament:

Handicap Doubles bowling tournament, with optional singles (handicap and scratch). $2,000 first place (boe)

Every weekend in June 2013. 3 squads on Saturdays (12, 2, 4PM) and 2 on Sunday (12 and 2 PM)

Check out www.udbowling.com for tournament rules, entry forms, and more...

Grab a partner and join the fun!

Mike White
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Just wanted to let tournament bowlers know of an upcoming bowling tournament:

Handicap Doubles bowling tournament, with optional singles (handicap and scratch). $2,000 first place (boe)

Every weekend in June 2013. 3 squads on Saturdays (12, 2, 4PM) and 2 on Sunday (12 and 2 PM)

Check out www.udbowling.com for tournament rules, entry forms, and more...

Grab a partner and join the fun!

$19 Lineage and Expenses, for 3 games, and only $11 to the prize fund.

The bowlers are either getting raped by the lineage, or by the tournament director.

mccaskid
05-13-2013, 08:04 PM
$19 Lineage and Expenses, for 3 games, and only $11 to the prize fund.

The bowlers are either getting raped by the lineage, or by the tournament director.

That's so not true. Do you know how much the bowing alleys charge for a game? Do you know how much software cost to run brackets? Do you know how much it costs to run a website and register a domain name? Do you know how much tournament flyers costs, entry forms, bracket forms, lane sign in sheets? Hire people to assist with running the tournament. Let me tell you, I ran it last year and LOST money but enjoyed every minute of it.

Also I implore you to look at other tournaments (state tournaments) and see their lineage. This tournament is USBC sanctioned and no one is getting raped. Please be conscious when making statements like that because it's not fair to the people who are working hard to make this event successful.

Thanks so much.

Any questions you can email me directly at ultimate.doubles@yahoo.com

billf
05-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Open bowling here is $2.50 per game for league bowlers so that would be $7.50 (league lineage is $9) so that leaves roughly $10 towards expenses. While I do know what the stuff costs it's not like the bracket software was purchased for and being used only for, this tournament. I'm not doubting your costs associated with it at all otherwise yet this is the first tournament outside of State that I have heard of where at least 50% of the entry fee wasn't going to the prize fund.

Good luck, hope it's a huge success!

mccaskid
05-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Ha...call any bowling alley in nothern virginia and ask them what they charge for lineage for a tournament.
I dare you to run a tournament with the same specs here in northern virginia and break even. I dare you. ;-).

Also again, I only bought the software for the tournament. Just wish you guys wouldn't speculate and try to run a tournament yourself and see. Don't take my word for it - do it yourself.

billf
05-13-2013, 08:57 PM
I have. You must have the only bowling alley in the States that doesn't already have the software to run brackets. Of course you're paying people too and I don't have any additional cost for that. I don't make a dime on the tournaments I run and the alley employees already on the clock can assist when needed. The last tournament I did I had $27 in expenses including advertising. We are small so word of mouth fills us up.
We based the estimated prize fund on 50 entries and had 72 entries.
Northern Virginia is a different economic region. I'm actually surprised the lineage isn't higher.