PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration or motivation before league

jbeck
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Do any of you ever watch a PBA game, or maybe watch a bowling video, or read a chapter from The Game Changer before going to league or practice? I tend to try and get as much knowledge as I can or at least remind myself to remember the basics.

Zothen
03-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I practice what I need to work on and I apply that to my leagues.

Zothen

Judy clemons
03-09-2013, 01:51 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!! Watching the pro's on TV is an excellent mental motivator it
stimulates your brain power and challenges you to physically bowl your
best from your thoughts to your form to your follow thru release of the ball up to and including watching it go down the lane to the pocket to watching the pins scatter to see if your shot was just as fancy as the pro's.
I love Bowling and I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com

Kobra167
03-11-2013, 10:29 AM
I try not to do that before league because for me it's had more negative results. I tend to focus what I read too much. But in general I try to learn something to improve my game everyday and try to apply it in practice. What I practice eventually makes it way into competition. I will listen to motivational music/videos to get my head in a competitive mind set though.

e-tank
03-11-2013, 02:23 PM
usually ill watch a vid on something i wanna work on before practice. Before league i just focus on what i need to do

swingset
03-11-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't do too much, mentally. I usually get there with enough time to do some arm circles to warm my shoulder up, stretch a little, then sit down and chill out reminding myself to concentrate and stay loose.

RoccoRock
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I'll watch a recent tourney, preferably with Belmo or Osku in it, or watch a YouTube video of either of them. I watch their footwork and balance. It helps remind me of what I need to do.

ecub
03-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I have a drink or 2.

mxjosh
03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
I dont do anything. Im usually excited all day to go to league. I practice 3-4 times a week on off days so Im usually aware of how I'm doing. I still find every league night fun, nerve-racking and a new opportunity to score high.

sprocket
03-16-2013, 01:14 AM
I watch the pros if I can. I pretty much have to head out for league as soon as I get home from work though. Taking ibuprofen just before I leave work motivates me. Nothing like having my legs hurt to kill motivation for bowling.