PDA

View Full Version : New Brutal Nightmare

Fishhawk
03-09-2013, 04:35 PM
So I've been wanting a heavier, more aggressive ball for some time now. I'm using a 14# Marauder which has been treating me well except on very oily conditions. Went to the pro shop today and went for it in 15#.

First three frames thrown were strikes! The conditions weren't very oily, more like medium.
The ball favors my developing throw which is lower revolutions but improves each week. It'll take some getting used to for spares but overall I'm impressed with how this ball is so darn predictable. It just crashes the pocket with impressive carry.

Gonna go again tomorrow to throw in the house where I play league, with will be the real test.

Fishhawk
03-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Threw some practice games today. These vids were taken before I made some adjustments of sslowing down my approach and staying down lower. I would love any and all critiques. Vids were from game 1 before I started so slow the approach and stayed low. Your input is greatly appreciated!
Games this session were 138 (vids taken), 182, 163, 191, 213, 194
http://youtu.be/jw0SMNqjHc0
I love this ball!!!

The German Shepherd
03-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Looks like you are on your way. I would make one suggestion to you to starts you off:

Your release appears to be such that your thumb and fingers are coming out nearly simultaneously. Concentrate more on "thumb out first and roll the ball with your fingers, lifting with them as they come out of the ball. Once you get the hang of that, watch what happens!

Jay

Fishhawk
03-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I've been working on my release each game. Going from "low fiving the ankle" to this. Slowing down the approach combined with staying low preventing pulling right made a great difference. Rotation/revs has been a challenge and am working to increase revs while maintaining accuracy.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

scottymoney
03-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Fish do you always go Brooklyn? From that video I would tell you to move right a few boards and get into the 1-2 pocket.

Fishhawk
03-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Yeah, it's somewhat common to go Brooklyn which is when I start making minor adjustments. Later in the series, after slowing down the ball, and setting down earlier (not chucking it to the arrows, another bad habit) along with a few board adjustment things stayed in the pocket.