PDA

View Full Version : renting a lane by the hour

ghoul31
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I hate renting a lane by the hour. I do crappy at first because it takes me a while to warm up.

But then near the end of the hour I start doing well.
I will start a game and get like 5 strikes in a row, then the lane turns off right in the middle of the game because the hour is up.

barcar
03-09-2013, 06:22 PM
If you are close to the end of the game you might be able to get the desk to turn it on so you can finish the game.
I have done that at my home lanes, and being a regular they will usual do it.

jbeck
03-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I personally don't rent by the hour unless I was bowling with a group because it takes me an hour to bowl four games and that cost is $3 less than an hour rental.

ecub
03-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Maybe you start doing better by the end, because you already burned up a line that you're used to. It should take you probably just a game or 2 at the most, to warm up to loosen up your arm, wrist, etc. But by the 2nd game, you should already have the lined figured out.

panbanger
03-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Renting by the hour is the only way I practice anymore. I don't even keep track of the games. I'll practice for about 20 minutes, then bowl a "real" game to see how I'm doing, then go back to practice, etc.

billf
03-09-2013, 09:17 PM
We don't even have the hourly option.

swingset
03-09-2013, 10:21 PM
No hourly here...but from noon to 5 it's all you can bowl for $10. You can do it by game, or just have the pinsetters "on", which is what I do.

Derrick1183
03-10-2013, 01:11 AM
If we had the hour rental option bill and I would be able to get like at least 12 games in and then the house would be losing money on that one lol

got_a_300
03-10-2013, 11:46 PM
At our center we now have a 2 hr special on Tuesday evenings
it used to be .99¢ per game plus tax but now it is $5.00 plus tax
per person for 2 hrs of all you can bowl.

I can definitely get my moneys worth in 2 hrs of bowling if I'm
practicing shooting 10 pin and 7 pin spares in the first hour and
then bowling 5 or 6 or more regular games in the second hour.

Zothen
03-11-2013, 03:12 AM
The house I go to in Mission Hills,Ca has both by the hour rates and league bowler($1.75 game)rates. Matador(Northridge,Ca)has deals from $1 a game to 2 hour specials depending on when you go.

Zothen

Gunz1911
03-11-2013, 07:50 AM
The Bowling alley near my house has some pretty good deals. Classic Lanes in Bloomington, IN. Wednesday is a $5 cover then $0.25 a game, and on Thursdays its $8 to bowl for as long as you want. I will go over after work some times and bowl for about 3-4 hours practicing different things and taking my time.

americantrotter
03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
If you're by yourself during an hour rental, just don't start a game for a while and bowl without keeping score. The pinstetter will reset, since it's turned on at the desk.

It allows you to practice spares, repeat any shots you want without the hassle of watching a score. After all, in what sport do you only play scored games? Even golf (individual sport) has putting greens and driving ranges to help you with specific aspects of your game.

When you feel warned up and want to practice putting it together, simply start a game. I used to drive myself nuts worrying about "how many games I got in". Then I watched the better guys at the house just oractice without scores on and work whatever part of their game they wanted to.