PDA

View Full Version : Another Shout Out to Bowl Florida Tournament

Gunny
03-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Anyone in the surrounding Central Florida area that enjoy sport shot tournaments, I suggest giving the Bowl Florida tournaments a try. A fun tournament on tough patterns, with a bunch of good guys/gals having a good competitive, fun times. The tournament is handicap based, and gives each level of bowlers a chance at winning. If you wish to try sport shot tournaments, I implore you to give it a try. Randy and his crew are good folks and do an awesome job of running the tournament.

This weekend was on the 2013 USBC Open Team pattern. The shot had out of bounds outside of 10, I started with the Seismic Aftermath and was targeting 19 at the arrows, and 12 at the breakpoint, and eventually I was able to really wheel the ball and hand a nice bounce from the guys playing up the ditch. In the semis, I switched to the Seismic Dominion Hybrid and played the same line as before. The last game in the semis, the right lane was rough, and ended up throwing the Blackout in the same line as I was with the previous two balls. On the left lane it started to check up early, so I stayed with the Dominion and made a 5 and 2 move left. Overall the pattern can be difficult if not played properly. Too tight of a line can give you over/under reaction, and too much swing can send you in the out of bounds too soon. I finished 7th, missing the finals by 32 pins. Four missed 10 pins inevitably cost me a shot at the finals. But as always, a day of bowling is a lot better than a day of working. And spending a day bowling with friends and having a good time is an added bonus.