PDA

View Full Version : Wrecker Review by Dan Schaden Jr

StoRoto2013
03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
The Roto Grip Wrecker works well for me when the lanes are blended and I need a ball to recover. The Wrecker and the Shatter are very similar for me. The only difference is that the Wrecker is about 3 to 4 boards stronger especially in the mid lane. I changed the cover on the Wrecker to 2000 and on a house pattern I had everything hold and push and recovery!

I drilled the Wrecker 45 X 5 ¼ X 75 or basically pin slightly under ring finger with cg kicked out with a balance hole on my VAL. I changed the surface to 2000 and that made this ball a keeper. My lower rev rate (300) and my style more of a tweener and not a lot of axis tilt the polish for me leads to a lot of over/under. The most success that I found with the Wrecker is on the lower volume sports/PBA patterns that have you play to the right and then migrate left like the Viper, Cheetah, and or Kegel patterns that range in the mid to higher 30 foot length. The Wrecker is a medium strength bowling ball that generates length with a powerful backend motion!

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm Roto Grip Staff Member
Vise Grip Staff Member