PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered A Misfit

RoccoRock
03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Been debating it all day what ball I want next. It we down to the Misfit, the Misfit Pearl, and the Wrecker. I was really close to ordering the Wrecker, but I did a little more thinking about it, and I want to give DV8 another try. I haven't had the best of luck with my Marauder, but that's mostly my fault. I thought about the pearl, but decided on the solid in the end. Hope I didn't make a mistake, my pro shop guy even asked me as he was writing it down, " you sure you don't want the pearl?" I'm thinking solid now, then maybe pearl next month. Right now I'm using my Track 508a, and on the bowlingball.com perfect scale the Misfit solid and the 508a have the same rating. So if all goes well the Misfit will be the first ball out of the bag on league nights, and on THS tourneys.

Perrin
03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Misfit Solid is a great ball. Much stronger than I expected it to be.

Mine is drilled for low flare and I still had to drill a hole to make the ball hook less.

ArtVandelay
03-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Thats very nice of you, but misfits are people, too... And you might check your local laws, but I think ordering people is illegal these days.

SmilingBowler
03-14-2013, 01:59 AM
Disturbed is a band... and they're people, but I still want to throw one at ten pins. Just not David Draiman, specifically. The Misfits were also a band. But I don't recall anyones name there. Funny how everything comes back to music, isn't it? Either way... The Misfit solid is a good ball from what I've seen. A few guys I know throw it and rave about it. I, myself, have my eyes on a Roto Grip Disturbed for my next ball.

SouthpawTRK
03-14-2013, 03:25 AM
The Misfits original front man was Glenn Danzig, who later on formed Samhain and then Danzig. All three bands are amazing if you like punk rock/horror rock.

The Misfit ball was my first ball and it's such an awesome ball; it's got a bunch of battle scars but it's still going strong.

RoccoRock
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys, i can't wait to pick it up tonight. I'm counting the hours, t minus 4 hours. Hope to use my new Misfit to run my string of 600's to 4, but really hoping to start a string of 700's

RoccoRock
03-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Got the ball tonight. Not bad so far, but the lanes were tough tonight. I used it until the 7th frame of game one, when I left my second 10 pin in 3 frames, and a stone 9 in between. Went to the 508A rest of the night and continued my good run on my league with a 4th straight 600 series.

e-tank
03-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Got the ball tonight. Not bad so far, but the lanes were tough tonight. I used it until the 7th frame of game one, when I left my second 10 pin in 3 frames, and a stone 9 in between. Went to the 508A rest of the night and continued my good run on my league with a 4th straight 600 series.

congrats!

Loyer807
03-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I hope you love it man, I love mine!

Perrin
03-15-2013, 03:41 PM
So how did you end up getting it drilled?

billf
03-15-2013, 08:58 PM
With a drill press.

I was actually wondering the same thing.

RoccoRock
03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Pin up, that's about all I know. One day I'll learn about layouts, hopefully before I buy my next ball.