PDA

View Full Version : What Companies Talk To You?

backlasher
03-13-2013, 12:45 PM
We had a thread about cores in lighter balls. Some thought they were different in lighter balls but to be sure, contact the company. I've got a Wisdom that's 13# so I sent an email to 900 Global and asked if the cores in lighter balls were different than the ones in heavier balls. After a week I haven't received an answer. I think I'll find a different company that can and will answer a simple question. Any recommendations?

ecub
03-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Do they have a forum?

I've had no problems with Hammer. I normally just go on their forum and have a Hammer staffer answer my post.

e-tank
03-13-2013, 01:14 PM
I was gonna suggest that ^

i only heard back from storm from the companies that i emailed a couple weeks ago

Kobra167
03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
I think you'll find it may be common place for companies to put "generic" cores in the lighter weight balls. Where they tell you is different though. Sometimes it's in the ball descripiton or tech specs, sometimes on the company website, other times it's on a video they published. Most of which can be found on youtube. It's usually accompanied by the clause that they did it so the same drilling instructions can be used at the lower weights. I haven't looked at everyball, but I know I've seen that message on quite a few.

noeymc
03-13-2013, 02:08 PM
hammer answered my questions with in 2-3 days

e-tank
03-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I think you'll find it may be common place for companies to put "generic" cores in the lighter weight balls. Where they tell you is different though. Sometimes it's in the ball descripiton or tech specs, sometimes on the company website, other times it's on a video they published. Most of which can be found on youtube. It's usually accompanied by the clause that they did it so the same drilling instructions can be used at the lower weights. I haven't looked at everyball, but I know I've seen that message on quite a few.

according to storm they keep the same core shape but they change the density of the materials. I really wanna hear back from brunswick though since on their site it says generic core for the lighter balls which i would like to know what that means

RoccoRock
03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Funny, I found 900globals product to be terrible, but their customer service was excellent. I called them with a problem about my 3G shoes, and they were great. I emailed them pics and they responded in less than a day, and replaced the shoes within a week. I wouldn't spend money on their products again, because I like to get more than a year out of the stuff I buy, but I can't complain about the customer service.

swingset
03-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Phone always works better than email. I've had companies ignore emails, but a 2 minute phone call cured that.

billf
03-13-2013, 07:12 PM
DV8 and Hammer have answered my e-mails in a reasonable amount of time. Several times a rep from DV8 called me instead of e-mailing me back.
I've been waiting 2+ years to hear back from Storm.

SouthpawTRK
03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
I have had great responses from Track via email; they respond to my emails within 24 hours. I also had a really great conversation with Mitch Beasley in regards to the abc's of Track bowling balls, layouts and the effects of layouts. They have earned a customer for life.

ArtVandelay
03-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I think emails are becoming out dated. Lots of companies just send generic FAQs responses to all emails, followed by their help line phone number. I worked for a company that had about 2 people answer all emails, and the responses were always just a link or two to a place that may or may not have the answer.

I would say your best bet is to call, or try a forum (although EA's forum is simply awful... Its just people telling them how their product doesnt work and them ignoring the concerns...).

As far as weight blocks are concerned, I would imagine the differences dont only vary from company to company, but from ball to ball. You might have to be very specific in your question to get a good answer.

billf
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Most companies have a person(s) designated to read the e-mail and redirect it accordingly. Not much different than a phone operator who asks you a bunch of questions then transfers you to a voicemail that may or may not be returned.

ArtVandelay
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
But even if thats the case, redirecting an email to the appropriate department only means that department has to reply. Emails are easy to send, but replying to every single question can take a ton of time and isnt cost effective. Unless departments have dedicated people to reply, the common worker is probably far too busy to read and reply. Emails become a low priority or are answered with generic answers that dont help.

backlasher
03-14-2013, 05:31 AM
If a company wasn't going to respond to emails, it seems to me they wouldn't have it as a way to contact them. I think I'll try another company.

e-tank
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
If a company wasn't going to respond to emails, it seems to me they wouldn't have it as a way to contact them. I think I'll try another company.

id just call. Its easier to ignore an email than a call that gets redirected to you imo

swingset
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM

They have it because it's expected, but think about it - every email account gets bombarded with spam and stuff that needs sorted, people get busy and don't check their email (assuming it was forwarded to another department), they can even get accidentally deleted. You know that's true of all of us, why shouldn't it be for a company.

Is there something wrong with calling? Seriously, pick up the phone and get your question answered. It's real hard to ignore phone calls, it's real easy to miss or ignore an email (even unintentionally). Don't ascribe to malice or neglect what might just be an honest mistake.

Or, if you want to boycott them go ahead. It's your life.