PDA

View Full Version : NuBall Bowling Ball Rejuvenator

bowl1820
03-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Looks like a crock pot for your bowling ball!

check out the information on the website:
http://www.scbp.biz

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4182XENYN7L.jpg
450W unit with enclosed fan moves heated air inside chamber
Custom cup/ball-stand allows heated air to circulate under the ball, and catches oil runoff
Adjustable thermostat - heats ball uniformly and safely
Simple to operate (instructions included)

Being sold on Amazon via
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCQ0YG6/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

the price listed currently ($169.95 +$20 shipping) a low introductory price.

e-tank
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM
looks like a rice cooker

austin
03-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I like the look of this. Be nice if available to Australia.

billf
03-13-2013, 09:51 PM
The site said "cheaper than most new balls". Glad I don't buy my new balls where they get theirs!

e-tank
03-13-2013, 09:53 PM
The site said "cheaper than most new balls". Glad I don't buy my new balls where they get theirs!

id rather stick to my hair dryer + a box

crimsoneyes
03-13-2013, 11:59 PM
So it's similar to a food dehydrator? Thats interesting. Someone here is gonna have to buy one of these and test it out and review it for us all.

ArtVandelay
03-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Looks cool, but Im not a buyer for that price... I find it hard to believe I cant make something myself for a fraction of the cost.

ecub
03-14-2013, 12:56 AM
looks like a rice cooker

LOL. My thoughts exactly.

panbanger
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
id rather stick to my hair dryer + a box

Same here! spent 20 bucks total for a hair dryer and a styrofoam cooler, works well.

Gunz1911
03-14-2013, 12:20 PM
does the hair dryer trick work? Just get a box and cut a hole in it and rotate the ball every few minutes and the oil will be extracted?

e-tank
03-14-2013, 12:34 PM
does the hair dryer trick work? Just get a box and cut a hole in it and rotate the ball every few minutes and the oil will be extracted?

it does work but you have to be careful cuz you could melt your ball if left unattended. I seal a box, cut a hole for a hair dryer and make sure that its blowing on one of the walls and not the ball itself also rotate each time you put it back in. I do it for ten min intervals watching the hair dryer and temp gauge trying to keep it between 115-130. I do it til whenever the ball stops sweating which is usually 45 min-1hr. I then take out the warm ball and put it in another box on the floor so that it can cool down slower than if i had it just sitting out in the open.

GoodGravy
03-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Anybody notice the new Hammer product, "The Wave" saw it on line during a recent on-line showcase at the US Open in Reno at the Hammer Booth. Just a tub of hot water that is run through a filter. Said the water is kept at 140 and it only takes 45 minutes. I have heard mixed reports on if it is ok to dunk your ball in water.

My biggest thing is that your ball can soak up oil, so I'm sure that it can also soak up water...since water can air dry, is that O.K.??

e-tank
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Anybody notice the new Hammer product, "The Wave" saw it on line during a recent on-line showcase at the US Open in Reno at the Hammer Booth. Just a tub of hot water that is run through a filter. Said the water is kept at 140 and it only takes 45 minutes. I have heard mixed reports on if it is ok to dunk your ball in water.

My biggest thing is that your ball can soak up oil, so I'm sure that it can also soak up water...since water can air dry, is that O.K.??

i didnt have success with the ball bath but give it a try and see if it works for you

ecub
03-15-2013, 12:24 AM

Many people use the water bucket method when cleaning bowling ball, so it should be ok. Of course, using The Wave, it's kept underwater for about 45 minutes. Water can dry, but the only issue I've read is that it's very messy. And you also have to use allot of chemicals. You can probably go the cheaper route and use Simple Green. Another issue is that lighter balls will float. At $1900 (USD), it's allot more expensive that the old tested and used by several pro shops, Innovative Revivor oven ($1700).