PDA

View Full Version : Champion

shades
03-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Ebonite CHALLENGE

Weight: 16 lbs

Core: Modified AXS

Coverstock: RCS Reactive Pearl (with unique finishing process)

Surface: 1500 Factory Polish

Axis: 5 5/8” by 1” up

Ball Layout 5” pin up with a 70 degree MB

Extra Hole: 5 inches on VAL (small)

Ball Reaction
Length: Ball is very, very clean through the front end.
Midlane: Reads the body of the lane (midlane)
Breakpoint: Very STRONG continuous direction change
Environments to Use: Medium to Heavy Oil, League and Sport Patterns.

Comments:
The Champion is the newest high performance ball from Ebonite. This ball reminds me of the first time I used the original ONE. It’s one of those special “WOW” balls that a bowler immediately knows it is special. My first experience was in league play. After removing it from the ball press, I shot 800 with it the first 3 games of play. It is one of the few shiny pearl balls that performs exceptionally in high oil environments. Most pearls are so clean that the mid lane never gets a chance to slow it down, which creates over/under at the back of the lane. The Champion reads the mid section of the lane and creates that strong entry angle that all bowlers are looking for.

I had an opportunity to use it in a local event. The environment was very low scoring. The pattern was very flat and the backends were tight. The Champion read the lane properly and created enough entry angle for proper ball motion for carry. It created that “look” that no one else had throughout the event.

I have bowled on Highway To Hell and one other sport pattern with the Champion and the results have been the same. This ball is extremely versatile, reads the lane much different than other competitor’s pearl balls and strikes a lot. This is a ball in my arsenal that is very difficult to put in your bag. If you are looking for that “WOW” ball, try the Champion. You will wonder what took you so long.

Greenday
03-14-2013, 01:37 PM
One of my teammates got a Champion and used it in Reno. Dear God in Heaven, I've never seen a ball with such strong backend. It moves extremely hard in the backend, which would be great on heavy oil. Loved watching him use that ball. Don't let it's look fool you. It looks polished, but that's just the way the ball is made to look. It certainly doesn't play like a polished ball.