View Full Version : Storm IQ Tour Pearl Review by PJ Haggerty

PJ Haggerty
03-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Storm IQ Tour Pearl Review

PAP 5 over 1/8 up
400-425 RPM
Ball Weight: 15lbs
Right Handed

A ball that everyone knows you’re throwing! I wish Woody Harrelson would have thrown this in Kingpin, although it rolls a lot better without a rubber hand stuck in it. The IQ Tour Pearl. A ball I had to drill a couple of to figure it out and once I did, it was money! I did realize something when drilling balls with very low differentials. You MUST drill them stronger to get them to flare, preferably with medium/large weight holes.

The first one I drilled was approximately 4 x 4 from my axis without a weight hole, and it didn’t flare at all. I still had faith that this ball would be good, so I drilled a second one 5 ¼ x 4 with approximately a 1” weight hole on my axis. This one is a home run. I took the shine off lightly with a used 2000 pad to smooth the reaction out and this ball goes with me everywhere. I will not be able to use this ball on the ‘fresh’ of most sport/PBA patterns because of the pearl, but when the lanes transition and in games later in long blocks, this ball will definitely get used. With a low RG of 2.49, it will still read the front part of the lane so it doesn’t “blow through the spot” and because of the low differential (.029) it will want to change direction hard. A great ball for lower, medium, and high rev players because they can all benefit from the motion at some point! Thanks Storm for not only a great looking ball, but a great motion as well!

If you have any questions, please email me at PJ.Haggerty@yahoo.com
Check out Stormbowling.com for more information!
#stormnation