View Full Version : Storm Reign of Power Review by PJ Haggerty

PJ Haggerty
03-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Storm Reign of Power Review

PAP: 5 over 1/8 up
400-425 RPM
Ball Weight: 15lbs
Right Handed

A surprising release from Storm was the Reign of Power. We haven’t heard from the Reign line in quite some time and I am definitely happy the experts in Utah decided to release this ball. Out of the box, the surface can make it look like a hook monster, when in reality, it’s a very smooth reaction that is a must have for a lot of players. The Reign of Power resembles a Hyroad with its color and motion, but is definitely different in a great way.

The one I drilled is a standard drilling for me. 4 ½ x 3 ½ from my axis with a 7/8 size weight hole approximately 2 ½ inches deep 2” underneath my axis point. This puts the pin underneath my ring finger. Before the ball hit the lanes, I put it on the haus machine with some 4000 pads for approximately five minutes to get the initial factory surface off. If you are looking for a step down from the Lucid, Sync, or Virtual Gravity, this is the ball. It is definitely cleaner and has more pop down lane than the asymmetrical balls, but is stronger in the mid-lane than the Hyroad, Frantic, IQ Pearl, IQ Tour. I find the Reign of Power to be super smooth and a very predictable ball motion in my bag. I would definitely recommend this ball for players who are looking for a ball to complement their stronger and weaker equipment. Thanks Storm!

If you have any questions, please email me at PJ.Haggerty@yahoo.com
Check out Stormbowling.com for more information!
#stormnation