PDA

View Full Version : DV8 Brutal Nightmare

Vince805
03-15-2013, 06:20 PM
So i finally got a chance to record myself using my brutal nightmare. cell phone camera step up my not by the best but hopefully you can tell and see ball reaction and stuff..... Best strikes at 3.00 4.21 7.00 7.32. I ran out of room on my phone so it cuts off my last strike but bowled a 234. should of taped the next game. got 268 lol.

Any tips or advise is greatly welcome :-) Enjoy... looks better if watched in 720hd

http://youtu.be/3Uy2fMECpws

J Anderson
03-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Looks like you're stopping a foot short of the foul line. You're giving most other bowlers the advantage of a lane that's foot shorter than the one you're bowling on. It did look good in comparison to the bowler to your right who was stopping 2' short.

mxjosh
03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Also, it appears you are stopping your back swing short?

Vince805
03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Looks like you're stopping a foot short of the foul line. You're giving most other bowlers the advantage of a lane that's foot shorter than the one you're bowling on. It did look good in comparison to the bowler to your right who was stopping 2' short.

Sorry for the delayed reply, been really busy. but thank you for your responses.... Yes i stop short of the line. I always have and i dont know why. many people have brought that up to me and said to move up a foot. I tried that and had problems. Ball reaction was different and i couldn't find my mark. mark i would use standing back was not the same once changing. threw me of so i went back to how i used too.......yeah the guy on the right was a cool funny guy. lol

Also, it appears you are stopping your back swing short?

yeah i dont have a big back swing. i tried doing that before also and what i got was a ball speed that wouldn't allow the ball to hook. they said it would increase my revs but i saw a loss. I dont know why.

billf
03-22-2013, 09:20 PM
If you lost revs with a higher backswing then more than likely you were rotating too early. It's a muscle memory type issue. Your arm/hand/wrist is use to turning after so many milliseconds and the higher swing had you doing that earlier killing the usable revolutions.

sukeetoshyoo88
03-23-2013, 04:48 AM
If you lost revs with a higher backswing then more than likely you were rotating too early. It's a muscle memory type issue. Your arm/hand/wrist is use to turning after so many milliseconds and the higher swing had you doing that earlier killing the usable revolutions.

i've noticed that this is the problem too when trying to deal with drier lane, and i have to throw the ball harder, so i use a higher back swing. usually the first two shots, my timing of the cup/cock, is way off, and so is the release point. i even throw it in the gutter sometimes haha.