PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically speaking...

The German Shepherd
03-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Pretend you are going to bowl in a house that is not familiar to you. You know the shot ahead of time and it is 39 feet with 22ml of oil at a 7:1 ratio. What balls are you brining and why???

Jay

ecub
03-16-2013, 11:31 AM
How many can I bring?

I usually only carry 2, 3 at the most. Probably my usual Hammer 1st Blood (@1500 polished), Taboo Original (@4000 polished), & Taboo Blue/Silver (@4000). I already know how to play these bowling balls in whatever shot pattern.

bowl1820
03-16-2013, 01:59 PM
"39 feet with 22ml of oil at a 7:1 ratio."

That's a basic house shot (7:1 ratio Meaning a ton of oil inside compared to the outside), so I'd just bring my regular stuff.

I might adjust covers depending on if it was for bowling a league or tournament (I'd freshen them up at least)

Zothen
03-16-2013, 03:38 PM
I would bring neXus Solid,Defiant,VOW,Shout & Slingshot.

The neXus Solid to absorb as much oil as it can. The Defiant when neXus hooks to much. VOW when the lane breaks down and the shout if needed. The Slingshot for spares.

Zothen

billf
03-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Storm Natural Pearl and Brunswick T-Zone. Given how dry the outside will be from the get go I would use urethane from the start and probably won't have to move much. T-Zone for spares.

Greenday
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Realistically, probably wouldn't need more than my Storm Frantic, Storm Tropical Breeze, and my spare ball. Given that I have two two-ball bags, I'd have my Invasion with me anyway, but I doubt I'd need it. It's really not that much oil to begin with.

GeoLes
03-16-2013, 10:21 PM
How much oil is mostly gibberish to me. 39 feet means that I look for my ball to break just outside of board 10, (39-31=8). Just Roll it see how it reacts and adjust accordingly.

Rdmonster
03-17-2013, 11:33 AM
that kind of stuff doesnt mean much to a noob like me so I'd just chuck the Marauder down there and watch the reaction...not enough I'd switch to the Berserk and hope like hell I release it the same way. If that didnt work I guess Id try the Hellraiser but since I got it to be an early roller and I found I dont like that style I would hope I didnt have to use it.

Greenday
03-17-2013, 11:37 AM
How much oil is mostly gibberish to me. 39 feet means that I look for my ball to break just outside of board 10, (39-31=8). Just Roll it see how it reacts and adjust accordingly.

Well, depending on the ball, it could be the difference between throwing a relatively straight ball if it's heavy oil and I'm using my Tropical Breeze or throwing a huge hook on light oil with a heavy oil ball.