PDA

View Full Version : Tourney For a Good Cause

chrisdaman77
12-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey all,

The other day I bowled in a tourney for a 14 year old hurt in a hunting accident. It was a fun little tourney but was 9 pin. I really feel that should do more of this to support the community. They ran 2 shifts and the top 3 between the shifts won $$. It was not a lot of money but then again the bulk of the money went to a good cause. I ended up taking 2nd with one of the guys I bowl against (was a doubles tourney) on my Tuesday night classic league and third with my wife (who is usually much better than I am).

Chris

Cerberus
12-11-2008, 07:53 PM
That is nice that they did that to help the kid out. I hope that it was enough money to help with what was wrong. But yeah I agree. They should have more things like this to help those who need it. They usually raffle something off for like 5 dollars here. And then give the winner the prize and the money to whoever is in the trouble. Plus not only do you help people out, you get the entire community involved. This makes them more like family. And I think also helps with keeping crime down.

chrisdaman77
12-11-2008, 10:25 PM
That is nice that they did that to help the kid out. I hope that it was enough money to help with what was wrong. But yeah I agree. They should have more things like this to help those who need it. They usually raffle something off for like 5 dollars here. And then give the winner the prize and the money to whoever is in the trouble. Plus not only do you help people out, you get the entire community involved. This makes them more like family. And I think also helps with keeping crime down.

I doubt it was enough but hey every little bit helps. I know we have had a tourney every year for breast care awareness. That one usually has a massive turnout even for our little house.

Cerberus
12-12-2008, 08:47 AM
I doubt it was enough but hey every little bit helps. I know we have had a tourney every year for breast care awareness. That one usually has a massive turnout even for our little house.

Well every little bit does help, but it is a shame they did not make enough. Though, I hope the kid is ok. That is sad to hear things happening to kids. But I really love to hear stories of the community getting together. It lets you know that they still have people out there that care. And in this day and age, sometimes that is every hard to find. So keep up the good work :)