PDA

View Full Version : Aura Surface Change

Kobra167
03-20-2013, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to post some informtion for others benefit. I made a surface change with the aura, thought i might give some point of reference for others that might wonder about changing theirs. I play on kegels easy street modified to a 41ft pattern. I went from the OOB finsih to 2000 with polish. Pro Shops idea after talking about what I wanted to acheive. I did it to try and get the ball to retain more energy so I can use it longer when the heads started drying. Filling a slight gap between my equipment till conditions were right to pull out my other ball. I didn't like it. It killed the reaction I was used to but it never ran out of energy. It might be perfect when i eventually burn the polish off. OOB finish to 2000 with polish for me required a 5/4 move the right. Depending on the conditions, normally Im standing around 30, targeting around 15 at the arrows, using breakpoint of about 8. I ended up having to stand on 25, targeting 11 and using close to the same breakpoint. I was gunning for maybe a 2/2 or 3/2 move right in my head.

For reference, my ball speed is about 17.8 mph measured at the pins. My rev rate is about 400.