PDA

View Full Version : colored pin bowling

Judy clemons
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
what exactly is needed to get a colored pin sweeper going at SHOWPLACE LANES AMF IN EULESS,TX?

J Anderson
03-20-2013, 05:00 PM
what exactly is needed to get a colored pin sweeper going at SHOWPLACE LANES AMF IN EULESS,TX?

Assuming the center already has colored pins all it probably needs is a sweet little old lady to persuade them that it would be a great way to get more bowlers on the lanes.

backlasher
03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
In Pearland, Texas, we have colored pin bowling on Wednesdays from 1-3 P.M. It's also no tap. There's a complicated system but you get quarters for a lot of things and can almost get back your lane fee, which is $5 for 3 games. With all the special things they have going, we usually pay regular price and bowl several other days as well. That may be a point for them to consider. Good luck.

got_a_300
03-21-2013, 01:15 AM
We have what they call the pot of gold bowling with 3 colored pins
in each rack. You can win anywhere from $1.00 up to $20.00 for a
strike as it all depends on which colored pins are where in the rack.

Dartgod
03-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Our bowling center does that on Saturday nights before cosmic bowling. Its also no tap and a lot of fun.

Back in the day (waaaaay back), we used to bowl colored pins for S&H Green Stamps.

Judy clemons
03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
I remember green stamps for gas and
groceries but i did not know they were
used for bowling
thank you for memories

ArtVandelay
03-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Ummmm....

I believe its called "African American Pin Bowling."

billf
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Ummmm....

I believe its called "African American Pin Bowling."

This was funny as hell but will be deleted when seen.

ArtVandelay
03-22-2013, 12:12 AM
No room for political correctness? Hahahaha. I couldnt resist. I think Ive seen way too many Chapelle show re-runs lately. Hahaha

Washout
03-23-2013, 12:40 AM
The lane where I play does a red pin night for cosmic bowling...if the red pin is the head pin and you get a strike you get 5 bucks off your next session you bowl there. I go fairly often with my girlfriend so I have like 9 of these coupons floating around in my bag haha. They're handy though if I show up like 40 mins early for league night and wanna bowl a few games.

I always bowl like a champ at cosmic bowling, 661 tonight haha!