PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Defiant Soul Review by Roto Grip Staffer Jeff Mersch

jeff_mersch
03-20-2013, 10:30 PM
I decided to try a different layout with this ball. I put the pin way above my ring finger and the mass bias is right above my thumb.
The combination of this layout and defiant soul gave me a ball roll in a part of the lane I didn’t have in my bag before. It is a great complement to the defiant edge. It gives me earlier roll but still strong on the backend. I ended up using this ball at the PBA regional in Pensacola on the Chameleon pattern. There was a fair amount of friction because the center had purchased a new oil machine 2 days before the tournament. This ball gave me the best look; it created a fair amount of hold for me. Also when the ball hit the pocket, my carry percentage was very high and the pins were kept pretty low to the ground.
Overall, this ball is a great additional to the defiant line. I would definitely recommend to put this ball in your bag.

Jeff Mersch
Roto Grip Amateur Staff
PBA Member

Tampabaybob
03-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Jeff, I've seen his drilling before and really didn't get why you would put the pin so high up and the mass bias in the center of the grip. Thanks for explaining what reaction you got with it. For this that shoot on various sport shots this should probably be something to try. Good thread.

By the way how'd you do in the regional? I used to shoot regionals up north (a Loooooong time ago !)