PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Sauce

Dollar Bill
12-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Anyone throw The Sauce by Hammer?. New guy here and am looking at this ball. Would like some of your opinions. Thanks!

ArtVandelay
12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I took a look at it. Someone told me that's the ball they designed to replace the No Mercy. I'm not sure if that's true. I throw a No Mercy and love it, FWIW. I think the core is going to be different though since the No Mercy balls were all designed around that HART core.

You know.... I have seen a guy poking around here, a time or two, who seems to know quite a bit about Hammer. He'd be the one to ask. I can tell you, I really like my Hammer, but I'm no professional by any stretch of the imagination.

In either case. Welcome to the board. Stick around a while, lots of good people here!

chrisdaman77
12-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I can not say for sure but the guy who does our drilling said it was going to something on the line of the Black Widow Pearl (my ball) which has me thinking I am buying 2 new balls this year. I just took ownership of Ebonites re-release of The One. I will however let you know how it is once I do get it, that is if the wifey ok's it :D.

Cerberus
12-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I do not know if this will help, but here is a little information on this ball.

http://www.bowling.com/images/tempproducts/core/4857.core.jpg

There is a picture of how it is made. And here are all the features.

FEATURES:
- Coverstock: Aggressive Edge
- Color: Black/Violet/Gold All colors do vary somewhat from the picture shown.
- Factory Finish: 4000 Grit Abralon
- Core: Contrusion Core Shape Low Mass Bias Non-Symmetric
- RG: 16# - 2.45 15# - 2.45 14# - 2.46
- Differential: 16# - .050 15# - .050 14# - .048
- Performance: Aggressive mid-lane with strong backend continuation
- Recommended Lane Condition: Heavy Oil

- Description: The Sauce High Performance Series features an all new Contrusion core shape allowing for greater backend movement without sacrificing breakpoint control, and the Hammer Aggressive Edge coverstock; the most aggressive coverstock we've cooked up yet.

I am no pro, so I have no idea if that is all good or not. But, it has a cool look to it.

Trex
07-30-2011, 08:38 PM
I did not like this ball, everyone said it was a great ball, but I found it to be one that only works on a certain oil pattern. as long as that certain oil pattern was there it's great!! If the oil pattern is too long and heavy it just keeps going, and going and going, and going......like the energizer bunny....lol