PDA

View Full Version : Arm Swing Woes...

The German Shepherd
03-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Please finish the following sentence -

Muscling the ball back and then muscling the ball forward in my swings causes .................................................. .................... (fill in the blank).:confused:

Jay:confused:

SmilingBowler
03-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Please finish the following sentence -

Muscling the ball back and then muscling the ball forward in my swings causes .................................................. .................... (fill in the blank).:confused:

Jay:confused:

'Muscling the ball back and then muscling the ball forward in my swings causes' pain in my arm. Specifically elbow and wrist pain when I move too many muscles in arm, as opposed to letting the ball move my arm for me.

I can only speak from personal experience. Not sure if others feel the same. I'm much more comfortable as a stroker where my arm does not rise above my shoulder on my backswing and steadily follows through upon release with the hand behind the ball while I'm focused on my target on the lanes.

billf
03-24-2013, 09:12 PM
A ton of spin with no reaction which in turn causes me to get very angry at myself.

Hammer
03-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Muscling the ball back can make the ball go behind your back and sometimes cause a short backswing because your muscles are tight. Muscling the ball forward can cause your wrist to break back plus the ball to get to the release before your slide step ends which will cause a pulled shot and a cut down on revs and less target accuracy. You have to let gravity work both ways in the swing going back and going forward. Once arm and shoulder muscles are tight you can't be accurate and repetitive with your shot. LET GRAVITY CONTROL YOUR SWING AND DON"T GIVE THE BALL A DEATH GRIP ON THE FORWARD SWING. Stay behind the ball up to the release and then the thumb comes out first and then the fingers last.

Tampabaybob
03-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Ditto on exactly what Hammer just wrote !!!!

Mike White
03-26-2013, 10:53 AM
I would agree with Hammer except the word can't. I would say it is more difficult to be accurate/repetitive but not impossible.