PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a strong hooking 13lbs ball

GoodGravy
03-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I have very little expirence with anything other than 15lbs...so I am looking for some advice on buying my wife a new 13lbs ball. I am looking for something that has a good potential hooking pattern on medium or heaver oil.

I don't want to get into to much detail about throwing style, drill pattern, PAP, etc....just looking for some ideas.

My biggest issue with the whole thing is that a lot of the weight blocks change once you get into the 13lbs range, so I am looking for some information from somebody who has actually thrown them and not just the 'marketing' speech.

Just to get some propsective, I am looking at the following right now:
1. IQ Tour
2. Disturbed
3. Diva

steven408
03-28-2013, 02:19 AM
go with a 14 lb if she can handle it

75lockwood
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Steven is correct, moving to 14lb removes a lot of headache when looking for a ball as there are a lot of company that go to a generic core shape below 14 (there are exceptions) if she could manage 14lb's the do that, if not, try looking for a company that keeps the same core at 13lb (drawing a blank right now)

couple questions: is this your wife's first reactive ball?, assuming it will be drilled finger tip, has she used a finger tip ball before?