PDA

View Full Version : International Balls

Keithalw
03-27-2013, 04:17 AM
I know I have been seeing some international balls released and for sell here in america. I was wondering how hard it is to actually get some cause there is a few I have looked up and wouldnt mind having although usually i ts a color scheme difference or name... for instance I liked the roto grip deifant boom. Anyways also are these legal to use during sanctioned play or league play? Any helpo would be appreciated.

bowl1820
03-27-2013, 07:12 AM
As long as the ball is on the Usbc approved balls list, its is approved for competition and for the USBC tournament.
But the acceptance of these balls is at the discretion of the tournament director and/or league official, so you have to watch out and better check with them first.

The Defiant Boom is listed on the Approved Ball list: RotoGrip-Defiant Boom-Aug-12 so should be good to go.

http://www.bowl.com/approvedballlist/

I believe the the "Defiant Edge" is the US version of the Boom also.

As for the PBA:
Pba rule
9.2.4 Use of International Bowling Balls. International bowling balls are defined as bowling balls that are not available for purchase within the United States and may be used provided that:
a. The bowler is not a United States resident.
b. The bowling ball was manufactured by a PBA registered company and has an equivalent bowling ball available within the United States.
c. The bowler has received written approval prior to using any international bowling ball in PBA competition.

As far as how hard they are to get, It would just depend on if you find someone who carries it or can you can order it.

Check on bowlingball.com they sell some International bowling balls fom time to time I believe.