seanbaker
03-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Roto Grip IQ Tour Pearl
PAP – 5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17 mph
Rev Rate 300-350
Right Handed
Layout: 5 x 5 x 2.5
Surface Preparation: OOB (1500 grit with polish)

What I wanted from this Ball: I wanted the same awesome continuation to the pocket as my IQ Tour with more length down the lane.

Result: Exactly what I expected. The ball gave the length I wanted and the same continuation to the pocket as the IQ Tour. I also kept my mid lane reaction and roll, and unlike other pearl cover stocks, this ball didn’t slide and would keep reading the lane the whole way. I found that I could trust this ball to make it back to the pocket and had the forgiveness of a pearl if I went a bit inside.

I tested this ball on our typical house shot which is a non forgiving pattern. 18ft of gutter to gutter oil and buffed another 12ft. Keep in mind, we also have wood lanes. Our typical house shot is pretty tough and over a period of 6 games, an out of bounds forms on the lanes and a dry middle creating over under effect. The first 3 games on a fresh oil pattern, I found this ball to give me exactly what I was looking for. I could soften my speed and still get the length I was looking for and the reliability that the ball was going to keep its continuation to the pocket and hit hard. After 3 games, I moved to my normal house shot line, and played exactly where I normally would play with the IQ Tour. I was amazed at how I could throw the same line and keep the same hitting power as when I start out with the Tour.

This ball is the perfect compliment to the IQ Tour! It performs exactly the same for me as the Tour, but like a pearl should. I was amazed at how the look of the ball would make someone think that it wouldn’t perform strong, but it most definitely did.

Overall opinion: A great looking ball that does exactly as designed to do! The IQ Tour Pearl also has great curve appeal and will definitely be a great selling ball. My advisory staffer has nothing but great reviews to report on this ball.

Sean Baker
Roto Grip/Storm
Pro Shop Staff