PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself

normdukefan
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
How are you doing? My name is Adam and i live in Mesa, AZ. I was the guy who made and posted that funny Norm duke video that me and my cousin made a while back, if you haven't seen it, here's a link to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPZVbR2EdAQ By the way my bowling coach Josh Blanchard showed the video to Norm and he told me he was "laughing the entire time", so that was cool to hear. I just wanted to introduce myself. Truthfully I need advice as i've been in a bad bad slump. I think i'll post it on the bowling technique section. But my problem is recurring and I get so frustrated I want to quit sometimes. I've had two lessons from Blanchard, and one virtual lesson from Rich Shockley and they all tell me the same thing. But I'll get into that later in the technique section. I would like to tell everyone my big issue and just get an overall analysis of my approach. I'm extremely inconsistent. I bowled my first 300 game a month ago and i thought I was finally starting to "get it", now i feel it was just a fluke. I've been reading this board a long time for tips but have never posted (well exept for the duke video). There are a lot of good bowlers and coaches on here, and i really hope I can get and even try to give a little advice. Thank you guys. Let me know the best way to present my inconsistency issues (what board to post to and whatnot)
Adam

ecub
03-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

How about a video of your release throwing a few balls?

billf
03-29-2013, 08:46 PM
That video was hilarious. I watched it when you first posted it.

striker12
03-30-2013, 06:38 AM
welcome to the boards.

the video was funny i could not stop laughing

The German Shepherd
03-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the Boards!

Jay

normdukefan
03-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Thank you guys for the compliment about the video. It was fun to make and it's nice to know people like it, especially Norm :) What i'm going to do is post a youtube link to the virtual lesson. That way you guys can see Shockley's take on me. I'm going to have to wait until monday to post the link as i'm having trouble getting the video off of private settings. Should I post it on this thread? I think i will just to keep it consistent. I'll tell you my issue. It actually caused me to quit after two games this Thursday in league because my left hip was so sore. Shockley talks about it in my video saying it is my biggest issue. As I get near the bottom of the downswing, my body starts to come up, and my leg straightens out. This is caused by a deceleration towards the end of my approach according to Josh Blanchard. This puts so much stress on my left hip. It makes me want to quit sometimes because I just can not get it out of my muscle memory no matter how hard I try. Another thing Blanchard told me is that I lean over too much in my approach and move my shoulders around too much during the approach. Like I said, I will post the link very soon. The lesson is about thirty minutes long but you can forward to the parts that I was talking about that kill me over and over. Thanks again guys and I'll be posting it very soon. Till then if you have any general ideas it would be very greatly appreciated
Adam

normdukefan
04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Okay here's the Shockley virtual lesson video. I got it "unlisted" which means only you guys can see it. I look forward to your feedback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C56fLwo2ns