PDA

View Full Version : What do you dislike about League Bowling?

The KingPin
08-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Just curious what you dislike about league bowling?

I for one do not like playing leagues next to open play lanes where people are goofing off and running up and down when I am trying to bowl.

What about you?

Baroncad
09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Oh! where to start.

1-Yes, having non-league bowlers next to you is a major distraction. Have had several run-ins with "Fun Bowlers" because the new desk person "forgot" there was a league rolling.

2-Slide-rite left on floor right in-front of approach.

3-Lack of Bowler Etiquette and this is from veteran League bowlers not just Newbies.

4-Food/Drinks in or around ball return. (Major No-No in my book)

5-Small children unsupervised, had a 4yr. old run down (across 8 league lanes) because she got a spare-thankfully people paid attention, that would not have been pretty. Mom & Dad and Family discreetly put at opposite end.

Thanks, Kingpin I feel better now (quietly steps down from soap box)

onefrombills
09-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Top 5 are great but My Biggie is SANDBAGGERS!!!!!!!!

Baroncad
09-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Top 5 are great but My Biggie is SANDBAGGERS!!!!!!!!

That would be someone who does not bowl to his/her potential, correct?

TenPin
09-25-2008, 03:36 PM
That would be someone who does not bowl to his/her potential, correct?

Yes, that would be correct. At my house I could be considered a sandbagger (my league buddies know better though) because I'm bowling under average by about 25-30 pins. Everyone has been perty good about it, because they know I'm trying to recoup from a broken ankle still, but this doesn't demish the fact that my future average potential could be well under what it should be.

This brings up another thing that I've seen done at tourney's by the directors for such people. It's called rerate. Something that could happen to me if I decided to enter a tourney. Normally, it only happens in rare occasions though. Like when someone enters with a 140-150 average, but rolls 200+ games consistantly. They will also watch for a bowlers skill level too while on the lanes.

The KingPin
10-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Oh! where to start.

1-Yes, having non-league bowlers next to you is a major distraction. Have had several run-ins with "Fun Bowlers" because the new desk person "forgot" there was a league rolling.

2-Slide-rite left on floor right in-front of approach.

3-Lack of Bowler Etiquette and this is from veteran League bowlers not just Newbies.

4-Food/Drinks in or around ball return. (Major No-No in my book)

5-Small children unsupervised, had a 4yr. old run down (across 8 league lanes) because she got a spare-thankfully people paid attention, that would not have been pretty. Mom & Dad and Family discreetly put at opposite end.

Thanks, Kingpin I feel better now (quietly steps down from soap box)

I agree that non league bowlers next to you throwing under the legs and goofing around is a major distraction

messenger87
09-26-2009, 01:26 AM
That it attracts some very interesting people that just don't know what to do. Or the ones who have like 5 or more balls and tend to put them all up there with all the other balls.

Strike Domination
09-26-2009, 04:22 AM
LOUD league bowlers.

Stormed1
09-26-2009, 04:23 PM
People who kick ball returns and slam telescorers
powder all over the place
waiting on smokers who can't make it through a game for a smoke breakpeople who shout obceneties at the pins at the top of their lungs. (mumbling to yourself is ok)