seanbaker
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
storm Sync
PAP – 5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17 mph
Rev Rate 300-350
Right Handed
Layout: 4 x 4 x 2
Surface Preparation: OOB (4000 grit Abralon)

What I wanted from this Ball: Clean through the heads while staying strong throughout the mid lane continuing until the ball hit the pocket.

Result: Too much for my speed out of the box, so I polished the ball. After applying polish, the ball did exactly as expected throughout the front portion of the lanes kept a hard continuous roll until it smashed the pocket.

I tested this ball on our typical house shot which is a non forgiving pattern. 18ft of gutter to gutter oil and buffed another 12ft. Keep in mind, we also have wood lanes. Our typical house shot is pretty tough and over a period of 6 games, an out of bounds forms on the lanes and a dry middle creating over under effect. The first 3 games on a fresh oil pattern, I found this ball to work on our house pattern awesome. I was able to carry a sufficient amount of strikes that normally I would leave a corner pin. I never made an adjustment for 3 games and this ball stayed consistent for all three. The next 3 games I decided to actually move right of my normal line of 15-8 and play more direct 12-5. Normally, I would get a bad over under reaction playing here on our house shot. Not with this ball! The fantastic mid lane roll allowed me to actually play the out of bounds and continue crushing the pocket!

I am convinced this ball does exactly as it is designed to do and can be drilled to fit any bowling style. I have highly recommended this ball to several bowlers and drilled 3 for customers including one advisory staffer that uses this ball for his new benchmark ball.

I will make sure and have this ball in my arsenal wherever I go! I will probably start with this ball if the lanes have medium to heavy oil and decide which direction to go from there. I think this ball will give me a good reliable shot to the pocket and great carry.

Overall opinion: Awesome!! This ball is going to yield a lot of honor scores for league and tournament bowlers. This ball will fit any bowlers style and game.

Sean Baker
Roto Grip/Storm
Pro Shop Staff