seanbaker
03-31-2013, 02:04 PM
Roto Grip Wrecker
PAP – 5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17 mph
Rev Rate 300-350
Right Handed
Layout: 4 x 4 x 2
Surface Preparation: OOB (1500 grit polished)

What I wanted from this Ball: With its hybrid cover stock, I wanted really good length and a consistent snap to the pocket.

Result: Exactly what I expected. I got fantastic length with a strong snap to the pocket no matter what line I played.

I tested this ball on our typical house shot which is a non forgiving pattern. 18ft of gutter to gutter oil and buffed another 12ft. Keep in mind, we also have wood lanes. Our typical house shot is pretty tough and over a period of 6 games, an out of bounds forms on the lanes and a dry middle creating over under effect. The first 3 games on a fresh oil pattern, The ball had a great reaction. I played my normal line which is 15 out to 8 and destroyed the pins. The next 3 games, I moved in to 17 and tightened my line up only going out to 10 board. This ball amazed me and kept its great continuation through the dryer front portion of our lanes and snapped hard on the end.

I absolutely love this ball and think everyone else will too. I drilled up another one slightly calmer for nights when the pattern seems dryer and my break point inside is quicker. I would recommend this ball highly to anyone on a medium to short oil pattern.

Sean Baker
Roto Grip/Storm
Pro Shop Staff