PDA

View Full Version : review for roto grip disturbed by pro shop staffer seanbaker

seanbaker
03-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Roto Grip Disturbed
PAP – 5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17 mph
Rev Rate 300-350
Right Handed
Layout: 5 ¼ x 4 x 3
Surface Preparation: OOB (2000 grit Abralon

What I wanted from this Ball: I wanted to help the Disturbed get down the lane before it started to hook. I determined this by reading the information provided for the ball and matching it to my style. I felt like with my speed, I needed a layout to go long before it turned left.

Result: Exactly what I expected. Good length and an a great backend reaction for me.

I tested this ball on our typical house shot which is a non forgiving pattern. 18ft of gutter to gutter oil and buffed another 12ft. Keep in mind, we also have wood lanes. Our typical house shot is pretty tough and over a period of 6 games, an out of bounds forms on the lanes and a dry middle creating over under effect. The first 3 games on a fresh oil pattern, I found this ball to work very well giving me the length I wanted and strong consistent backend reaction. Over the next 3 games, I found that I was able to still play the center of the lanes and didn’t have as much of the over reaction I would normally have. I also noticed that I could bump this ball out a board or two and it recovered great and kept its strong hitting power.

The first night of league play, I shot 728 with three consistent games. I sold 2 disturbed balls just by using this ball that night.

I still need oil in the front portion of the lanes to get this ball to react good for me. My two customers didn’t have a lot of hand and I loaded the balls up for them. Both customers are extremely pleased with this ball as well and one of them told me he would shoot another 300 with this ball soon. His first league night he threw the first 10 and hung a 9 pin and shot a big 700.

Overall opinion: Awesome!! This ball is going to yield a lot of honor scores for league and tournament bowlers.

Sean Baker
Roto Grip/Storm
Pro Shop Staff