PDA

View Full Version : Thrash Frrenzy

Dugbark
03-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Bowler Stats-Ball Speed 15.5 MPH Rev Rate-App 280 Axis of Rotation-30 to 60 degrees Axis Tilt 9 degrees Right Handed PAP-5 over, 1/4" up

The Motiv Thrash Frenzy is designed for medium patterns according to Motiv. It's description also includes the words violent back end. The ball is as advertised. It pushes through the heads with ease on all but the driest of heads, revs up very late in the mid lanes and make a strong quick transition but continous move at the end of the pattern with plenty of energy saved. The core/cover combo requires me to move deeper because of the angularity of the move on lower friction surfaces/conditions, and allows me to play the outsides on higher friction surfaces/conditions. I am someone who prefers keeping the ball in front of me so this took me out of my comfort zone. But, it worked even better then I understood it would. It slides in oil and reads the friction quickly. The Core of the Ball, the Quadfire, revs later in the lanes and has a lower flair potential then the Primal Scream. Compared to the last ball with the Quadfire core, the Thrash, the ball is longer and more angular. I have to have friction right, but those who are not as rev/speed challenged as this old man may be able to use in on heavier volumes and lengths. If I tug the ball into the soup the ball skates but as long as the Frenzy finds a part of the lane to read it will still hit. I think it will be a great match up for me later in long format tournaments after the Primal Scream becomes too much ball.

This was my first attempt with 14 pound equipment and I averaged 245 with this ball for my first eight sets. I have been able to find the pocket with this ball on my all conditions, and I have lost no hitting power.

If you use this ball as designed, that is on medium oil patterns of volume or length as a skid/snap reaction, it will be a very effective ball. With the Thrash Frenzy Motiv that for me was not previously available with Motiv equipment, the go long and snap ball. The pleasant surprise for me was that it carried well. Previous to this ball I had trouble consistently carrying and controlling any skid/snap equipment. This ball is very manageable.

I'm very colorblind but the Neomark Graphic makes the ball very pleasing to the eye and give it good shelf appeal.

Dug Barker
Motiv Staffer
BTM Youth Writer
Ken Bowl Lanes Youth Director
Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
BWAA Member
SWBA Member
USBC Silver
2003 GLBA Youth Coach of the Year
Bellarmine University Bowling Coach 2005-2010