PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Wrecker

cmsubowler
03-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Hello all and thanks for reading. As always you can find the video that goes along with our review on our YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/CompetitiveEdgeBowl

I was very excited about the Wrecker after having much success with the same core in the Rising Star. I drilled the Wrecker with a layout that promotes good length and good pop on the backend. 80 x 5.25 x 55 This layout allowed me to keep my feet further right on conditions that were lighter and also move in and get the ball around the corner when the lanes started to breakdown. The Wrecker pushes down the lane easily thru the front with a pronounced shift at the breakpoint. First time I threw the ball I was shocked and it almost seemed like the ball hit a wall and bounced left. That same day I was able to move my feet 15 boards left and target around 8 boards left and it still recovered with ease. As you can see in the video, the ball travels downlane with ease (I had just finished throwing three other balls on a similar line with much stronger coverstocks and more surface to the point where I had to start moving in but with the Wrecker I was able to move back to the right and regain the angularity at the breakpoint. If you are looking for a ball that gets down the lane with ease or allows you to play straighter at the beginning of your night, then you have found the right one. Predictability with power is the what you get with this ball. Great Job Roto, you have outdone yourselves once again.