PDA

View Full Version : My League Night is Tonight Any Tips?

WolfGirl1980
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
I stand on the middle board in between the 2nd and 3rd dot and these are front dots closest to the foul line and I don't have a perfect stance like the pros I have too much weight on me for that but I aim for the 2nd and 3rd arrow inbetween those two arrows for my strike ball but the problem is getting the ball between that 2nd and third arrow, sometime I throw the ball and it goes to left of my mark or to the right of my mark and end up in the gutter and that is what I need help with, would lessons help or what some tips that would help until I can get some lessons I don't get paid until the third I am on medicare disablility so goverment paycheck is on the third of every month I been able to pick up some big splits latley the 10 9 and 7 or it could have been 6 10 and 7 either or and 4 8 and 10 split and then I did the 6 10 and 7 one again thursday for the second time and I am pretty good at picking up my spairs now its just getting the strikes thats what hard for me to get any help with that?

ecub
04-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Lessons would definitely help. How about posting a video of a few ball releases? One thing to keep in mind is to stare at your target, which should be the arrows, NOT the pins, during your approach. NEVER look away from the target, until the ball is releases. Many people, including myself, look away from the target prior to the ball release.

WolfGirl1980
04-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks Ecub it helped alot I got a 160-169-and I think a 147 My dad says he don't know for sure since its real early in the morning and we don't know where my score sheet is my team captain writes down for us but when I go up there I kept leaving the 10 pin or the 7 pin and last game would have been better if I didn't get the stupid bright idea of moving my target out a little bit so I get more stikes and get it into the pocket a little more I tried moving it to the 2nd arrow instead of inbetween the 2nd and third arrow I was tired of getting spares and wanted strikes instead to help my team win but I blew it and got a gutter ball and second time I got a gutter ball I released the ball wrong I just let it roll off my hand and it went right then straight into the gutter just automattically lost my strength to hold the ball right through the swing so let it go wrong and I payed for it well second time I got a spare out of it but second ball should have been my first cause it was after a spare so I payed for it big time I dunno if a spare on a gutter ball counts as a regular spare after a spare or if you still need the high number pin on the first ball and then the spare for it to be good I dunno how it works oh well thasnks for the help I go practice thursday I take my camera with me to take some videoor my dads video camera either or probably have to do it with my nikon coolpix L120 thats my other hobby taking pics of birds and clouds and citys city night sky lines. and I draw pretty good actually but thats the thing I quit drawing cause I think everyone is better then me. I actually taught myself how to draw just had a few tips and school regular school art program in public school but I was teased so bad and made fun of by the other students at school I had to give up regualr school and end up going to alternative school where they just had the basic stuff to learn so no schollership no nothing not art program for me no art school for me. oh well its in the past. I graduated at least. well can not tell you how much I appreciate your help and thanks again.

J Anderson
04-03-2013, 09:44 AM
I dunno if a spare on a gutter ball counts as a regular spare after a spare or if you still need the high number pin on the first ball and then the spare for it to be good

and I draw pretty good actually but thats the thing I quit drawing cause I think everyone is better then me. I actually taught myself how to draw just had a few tips and school regular school art program in public school but I was teased so bad and made fun of by the other students at school

A spare with a gutter ball on the first ball, is just as much of a spare as one with 8 or 9 on the first ball. Your next ball will be added to that frame. The bad part is if your previous frame was a spare, then you'll only get ten for that frame.

For example, Say I roll a 9, / in the first and a 0, / in the second and get 8 on the first ball in the third. My first frame score is 10, second is 28.
If you were to roll a 0, / in the first, 9. / in the second and 8 on the first ball in the third, your scores would be 19 in the first and 37 in the second.
In both examples the second spare is worth 18 because of the 8 pin fill.

Aside from your pride gutter balls only hurt when thrown after a spare or a string of strikes.

If you like to draw you should keep doing it. There is always some one who is better at any activity. The fact that other people might be better is no reason to quit.

Gunz1911
04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Just my way of looking at things, But someone else is always going to be better than me. You might get on top, but eventually someone will overtake you, be it in 10 minuntes or 10 years. The best thing to do is always be the best that you can, don't worry about how well others are doing.

WolfGirl1980
04-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks Everyone!!!!