PDA

View Full Version : Tips & Tricks: Tips for Ladies

onefrombills
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM
http://trackbowling.com/track_tv/video_detail/tips_tricks_tips_for_ladies/2/7/10/

ArtVandelay
12-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I've always wondered why so many women throw a backup ball. Have you noticed that? Tons of the women in the league I bowl in have a backup ball. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just always wondered why that was. My theory is it must have to do with the hips. maybe the hips cause the arm motion to be a bit weird. I guess if I threw a straight ball, my belly would have that same effect. hahahahaha.

onefrombills
12-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Well its great that you bring this up.

"Woman" mostly throw a back up ball because womans arms as they walk move out and mens move in towards the body.

Jord_84
01-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Those women don't know what they're doing...and that video was really silly.

My guess would be that these women your talking about hold their ball in the middle of their body, and since we have wider hips, perhaps these women are swinging their arms and inadvertently, bringing their arm behind their body and pitching out past their mark.

I position my ball directly over my right foot to correct that problem.

Either that, or these women haven't gotten that far and they don't know what a mark is.

Iceman
01-21-2009, 01:49 PM
these women haven't gotten that far and they don't know what a mark is.

This comment can be pointed out to a lot of bowlers (even men) in many houses, unfortunately. Unless you call outside 15 to 5 a mark. :p

My wife has started bowling last year, she used to throw a backup ball, mostly cause wrist was always on top of the ball. I worked with her a little until she stopped listening - she stays on the side of the ball now, but needs to get more behind it. She has thrown a few 200's but avg is around 160 - was 120 when she first started.... She sure does get her 10 pins better than me, but I'm catching her in that area now. I'm around 92%, she's about 95%, she throws it straight at it, but has a tendency to clean the channel when she see's dust in it. :D