PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new ball, need help!

Kells13
04-02-2013, 08:54 AM
I was a conventional bowler for about 8 years and have recently switched to fingertip. I bought a 13 lbs Slingshot that was originally drilled conventional and now is the fingertip that I've been learning on. I've pretty much got down the handshake and hitting my mark most of the time, but the Slingshot does not react well after the first couple of throws once the oil gets moved around. I'm a tweener as far as style goes and do not put a lot of rotation on the ball, but it does the job when I'm not in the oil. I don't know the numbers of the boards, but I am standing just to the right of the second to last dot from the right and throwing on the second arrow from the right and of course move around and change things as needed.

I'm looking for a ball that has more hook potential and will drive into the pins and something that will still react in the oil as league play goes on. Any suggestions would be helpful.

scottymoney
04-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Kells, I would recommend you take the ball into the proshop and see if they can clean it up or change the surface on it. You said it was drilled conventional and then changed to fingertip so I am guessing it has a bunch of games on it? Take it in and talk to your proshop and tell them what it is doing. Maybe a good cleaning and a change/refresh of surface will give you what you need. If after that it doesn't react better then start looking for a new ball, but I like to advise that people work with the equipment they have and see if it is something small before going and buying a new one. Just think of the ball as a car, it needs oil changes and parts here and there. Take it to your "mechanic" and see what he thinks.

I have made good friends with my pro shop guy, and I bounce ideas off him all the time and see what he thinks. It is to the point where I will message him on facebook and tell him what I have been going through and what his thoughts are. Give your current ball a facelift and see what happens.

billf
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
If that fails then consider something designed to hook later such as the DV8 Marauder or Brunswick NeXXXus.