PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

Texasguppie
04-03-2013, 11:00 PM
...ordered something from an online bowling store, waited a week, only to have it arrive DAMAGED?

My 4-ball roller arrived one day ahead of schedule, I left work early to pick it up and IMMEDIATELY upon taking it out of the packaging I see the MISSING zipper pull.
I won't mention the retailer's name as everyone is entitled to a mistake.
I've emailed them a picture of the damage and will anticipate a QUICK response, acknowledgment of their error, return costs on their dime, and prompt EXPEDITED shipment of a replacement.

If that doesn't happen I might not be so quiet...

UGGHH.

ecub
04-04-2013, 12:40 AM
I ordered a bowling ball. I wanted 15 lbs. Even though it was marked 15 lbs, the pro shop guy weighed it out and it was actually closer to 16. I contacted the supplier, they corrected it, sent me a return package label, and sent me the correct size.

ArtVandelay
04-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Honest mistake, Im sure. It seems like they made a reasonable attempt to get it to you quickly. A zipper pull (im assuming thats the tab that attaches to the zipper mechanism) is easy to miss.

You might try calling them though. Emails are tough these days. I think there is even a thread about that on here somewhere.

got_a_300
04-04-2013, 01:36 AM
I've had quite a few computer parts come in damaged before.

The only thing related to bowling that ever came in so far that I've
ever considered damaged would have to be some ball cleaner that
leaked about half of it out of the bottle where the top was a little bit
loose when it was packed.

billf
04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
on-line stores recieve their stuff from the companies pre-packaged. That plastic bag that was around your bowling bag was there already. The retailer should, as per agreements with the manufacturers, replace for free including shipping. The shipping is on the retailer but is the cost of doing business.

IF this was BowlerX and you have not been contacted yet, send me a PM with your info and I will initiate the contact for you.

"Real customer service isn't getting everything perfect, that's an illusion but rather how you handle the mistakes that will undoubtedly be made." Quote by me in 1993 at a management seminar where I was asked how I could possibly have customer service scores so high for an extended period of time.

Texasguppie
04-04-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm proud to say that the company in question contacted me immediately, sent a return label via email within a few hours and stated they would send a replacement IMMEDIATELY and not require that I wait until the damaged item had been received by them.

www.bowling.com has a repeat customer in me!

billf
04-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Glad to hear it!