PDA

View Full Version : Spare ball to pick up the 10 pin?

WolfGirl1980
04-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Whats a good ball to pick up the 10 pin with? Thanks for listening....

J Anderson
04-06-2013, 08:53 AM

Any ball that's polyester (plastic) with a pancake weight block. The Columbia 300 White dot and Brunswick T-Zone are probably the two most popular.

bowl1820
04-06-2013, 08:54 AM

If your want a ball that goes basically straight, any plastic ball will do White dot, Maxim etc.

Now there are those that will say how they just use their strike ball, they just break their wrist back, kill the shot, throw it harder etc. That's fine if you can do.

If not get a plastic ball their cheap enough, plus it saves wear and tear on your strike ball.

Hammer
04-06-2013, 11:19 AM
A good ball for picking up the 10 pin is only part of the equation. In order to pick up the 10 pin you have to have good technique. You have to have good foot work and have yourself lined up right or you will miss the 10 pin left or right. So good technique with a free armswing and a good ball will make you successful. A good plastic ball will take any lane condition out of the equation.

WolfGirl1980
04-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Well let me revise this, my ball hooks too much to hit the hit the 10 pin cause I got a really big hook its just when hook my ball into the 10 it hooks left right at the end so what would be a good spare ball for me should I get me a straight ball or any ball and have drilled convetional just any cheap ball thats pretty and have it drilled conventional or should I drill it for a small hook just not a lot of a hook something with as much of a hook as a Brunswick Python Ball let me know?

Greenday
04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
I'd say just get any typical plastic ball. Something you know that will NOT hook on you. Really, they are all the same so it just comes down to whatever brand you prefer. After that, it's just finding yourself a straight line throw to the ten pin that works for you. I stand on the 34, hit the middle arrow, and it'll get my the ten pin.

J Anderson
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Well let me revise this, my ball hooks too much to hit the hit the 10 pin cause I got a really big hook its just when hook my ball into the 10 it hooks left right at the end so what would be a good spare ball for me should I get me a straight ball or any ball and have drilled convetional just any cheap ball thats pretty and have it drilled conventional or should I drill it for a small hook just not a lot of a hook something with as much of a hook as a Brunswick Python Ball let me know?

From what you've said in this post you need to get a ball with the least amount hook. That would be any of the plastic balls mentioned previously.

I would suggest that you get it the same weight as your strike ball and have it drilled fingertip so it feels the same as your strike ball.

WolfGirl1980
04-06-2013, 10:17 PM
From what you've said in this post you need to get a ball with the least amount hook. That would be any of the plastic balls mentioned previously.

I would suggest that you get it the same weight as your strike ball and have it drilled fingertip so it feels the same as your strike ball.

I been using a White Dot plastic ball but the drilling has been conventional so what I will do is get it drilled fingertip so it feels the same as my other ball cause usually I get the 10 pin its just last monday night I couldn't get it for anything I was left of it or right of it so I need to practice getting my ball to it how many times should I practice I been practicing about once a week for bowling in a league once a week I want to bowl in more leagues but I can't drive and neither can my mom right now I am 32 but and I have a liscence but I still can't drive I don't have enough experience and my temper cause of my mental illness of me being bipolar if I was to get angry or something or depressed me and my mom don't know if I would try to kill myself or someone else for that matter while driving, I mean everything is under control if I take my meds but still don't wanna take any chances. I was just wanting a new plastic ball something that look different then the one I have I have two of them but still want something that looks different then the one I have, and I will get it drilled fingertip instead of conventional like the one I have is now cause your right the one I have now feels weird switching from ball to ball.

TCJ
04-12-2013, 10:17 PM
There are four ways I'll pick up the ten pin.

1. Flatten my hand and throw my strike ball. I can pick it up, but I do have to adjust for some movement of the ball.

2. Throw my strike ball fast. Again, I can do it, but it's not natural for me to throw it at that speed.

3. Throw a backup ball. I'm actually pretty consistent with this, but it can be problematic if the ball catches some oil.

4. Use a spare ball that can be thrown at a normal speed with a normal wrist position. This is the best method, in my opinion.

Slabo
04-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Practice,practice,practice !!!!!!