PDA

View Full Version : Considering one of these balls for THS league nights............

Hammer
04-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I have the urethane Blue Hammer now but want a ball to go with it if the Blue ain't makin' it that night. The balls I would pick one from are the Storm Crossroad, Tropical Breeze Hybrid, Natural Pearl, Brunswick Slingshot, Roto Grip Wrecker and the Ebonite Cyclone. I am between a stroker and tweener style. My ball speed is anywhere from 13.5 to 15 mph. I play on a THS pattern always and never ventured into sport bowling. My Blue Hammer is set up to go long with the pin above my ring finger with a 4000 Abralon finish.

I was wondering what kind of layout I should get on this ball. Should it be set up with a stronger layout then my Blue or set up the same because the coverstock of these balls will be different from my Blue and make it perform different even though I would throw it the same way? Let me have some thoughts on this folks. :cool:

billf
04-07-2013, 07:06 PM
The Natural Pearl and Blue Hammer are about the same so that would have to be drilled stronger.
The Wrecker is a ton stronger already.
The Cyclone and Slingshot are stronger than the Blue Hammer, about the halfway point from that to the Wrecker.

Greenday
04-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I'd go Crossroad over TB. I love my TB, but it's still not that strong a ball. The Crossroad will give you a lot more oomph.

got_a_300
04-11-2013, 12:04 PM
If it were me buying a new ball from the choices you stated above I'd
have to go with the Roto Grip Wrecker as my first choice and then my
second choice would be the Storm Crossroad.

The Roto Grip Wrecker has just about if not the same hook rating as the
Storm Crossroad and usually costs around $20.00 or so dollars less and
doesn't have a smell like Caramel like the Crossroad does.

That is one of the reasons I stay away from Storm products now days I
just do not want a bowling ball that smells like an air freshener and one
of the other reason is the Roto Grip line of balls match up better to my
style of bowling.