PDA

View Full Version : Usbc white pattern #2

The German Shepherd
04-11-2013, 05:40 PM
The NJ State Tournament will be this weekend and I am pretty psyched about it. The oil pattern will be the USBC White #2 but it will have a shift of singles and doubles bowled on it before my team event. How would you attack a pattern in this condition???

Jay

J Anderson
04-11-2013, 08:35 PM
The NJ State Tournament will be this weekend and I am pretty psyched about it. The oil pattern will be the USBC White #2 but it will have a shift of singles and doubles bowled on it before my team event. How would you attack a pattern in this condition???

Jay

Any chance that you'll know what lanes you'll be on early enough to watch where the bowlers ahead of you are playing at the end of their last game?

billf
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Fairly weak ball from 25 to 15 then judge from there. It's the marks I use whenever I don't know the pattern or how burnt it may be.
Use your gut, Jay. You're too good to even worry about this. Stop over thinkng and let your body do it's thing.

scottymoney
04-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Seeing as the lanes will be burnt up I wouldn't worry about the pattern. Sounds like enough games will be on them to render actually thinking about the oil pattern. My advice would be just go up for the first couple frames or practice and just roll your normal shot and adjust from there.

Greenday
04-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Ah, I regularly play on a burnt up white and blue patterns. A white pattern is basically just a slightly heavier THS. Pretty easy to play.

I stand around the 29 board, throw over the 15 (arrows), and just watch it slam back in. I use my Frantic on it. Never played on a fresh one but only after a league's worth of games has been played on it. Really not that tough. I wouldn't get worked up over it.

So I'm a tweener, using a medium ball, throwing over the 3rd arrow (Not really my preferred line but it's just way too dry to play straight up outside), medium ball speed.

The German Shepherd
04-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I do plan on going early and watching the doubles bowlers to see how much they break the shot down. Praying for some lefties on the pair before we get there....;)

Jay

billf
04-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Well in that case, I bet both teams will be filled with lefties. I'm sure a man of God wouldn't pray for meaningless stuff ;)