PDA

View Full Version : Sort of like Christmas Eve

Texasguppie
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
After work tomorrow I get to drive about 90 minutes north of home to pick up my re-drilled Ice Storm and Disturbed balls. I also get to roll my brand new Defiant Soul and bring them all home in my new 4-ball roller.

It feels like the holidays!

Only warmer. Without eggnog. And no long lines at the mall. And no need to send cheesy Christmas cards. And without tinsel in the dog's poop.

Okay...that last one; NOT bowling related.

billf
04-11-2013, 10:08 PM
I wonder which will seem longer, the drive there or the one back...hmmmmmmmmmmm

Texasguppie
04-11-2013, 11:13 PM
I'll get to roll a few while we fine tune fitment and I'm hoping for an open lane so that I can stay a little longer but a Friday night might make that tough.

I WILL be in my local house on Saturday though...you can count on that!

Texasguppie
04-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Time to get some breakfast and HEAD TO THE LANES!

Greenday
04-13-2013, 06:07 PM
I got my new shoes in last night and got to use them for the first time today. Love them! Think I might change out the back sole though on my slide shoe for something a little more slippy.

ArtVandelay
04-14-2013, 12:32 PM
hahahahaha. I just wanted to say I enjoyed your original post. Good sense of humor, and a nice delivery. We can always use more jokes and laughs in life.

Texasguppie
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM
hahahahaha. I just wanted to say I enjoyed your original post. Good sense of humor, and a nice delivery. We can always use more jokes and laughs in life.

Life without laughter is akin to breakfast without bacon.

Texasguppie
04-14-2013, 01:36 PM
We still have some fine tuning to do:

The Disturbed is almost spot on. He thought the thumb might be too big but it wasn't. The fingers might require slightly larger inserts as they were tight after my fingers started to swell a little but all-in-all, it felt great. I rolled 11 games with a low of 148 and two high games of 205 and 207. I wasn't focused as much on score as I was hitting my spot and a more consistent release.My spare ball, a Storm Ice, well...that was another story. The first roll resulted in a stuck thumb resulting in something more similar to a basketball three point shot with a lot of arc than bowling. Very embarrassing and scary. The ball went back into the bag.I never even attempted to roll the new Defiant Soul. The thumb hole felt too tight and I didn't want to risk rattling the house windows again.