PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

TCJ
04-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I found these boards while searching for bowling stuff so I decided to sign up and see what goes on around here.

While I bowl competitively at times, I'm into bowling purely for the fun of it and as such I like to experiment with different methods of throwing the ball. Currently I throw two-handed, two-handed backup, right-handed, and left-handed. I'll be looking to expand to left-handed two-handed in a year or so as soon as I get my average up there with a one-handed lefty shot. Some of the bowlers around my center are always joking that they never know what to expect of me because I'm always finding a new method of throwing the ball. But whatever's fun, right?

Judy clemons
04-12-2013, 04:14 PM
A great big Texas size welcome pin pal, TCJ
welcome to our bowling boards world.
Your welcome here as the flowers in May
we're glad your here and hope you stay to
share with us your bowling days.

SmilingBowler
04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the boards TCJ! You'll find a ton of useful information here and meet a bunch of great people.

Cheers! (: .)

billf
04-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. Bowling should always be fun not matter how competitive one chooses to be.

striker12
04-12-2013, 11:02 PM
welcome to the boards.

75lockwood
04-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Welcome

got_a_300
04-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the boards you will find a lot of very knowledgeable
and very helpful people on here that are more than willing to give
bowling advice and tips.

TCJ
04-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Welcome to the boards you will find a lot of very knowledgeable
and very helpful people on here that are more than willing to give
bowling advice and tips.

Thankfully I already know it all, so I'm only here to give advice.

And if you believed that, I think you should also buy me a new bowling ball. :)

Bonebrake
04-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the boards

ghetto24
04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
ive thought about learning left handed. welcome!

TCJ
04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
ive thought about learning left handed. welcome!

The pro shop guy said I was the first person ever that has had balls drilled for both hands. Last time I was bowling, he stopped by and watched awhile, then told me that I have a good shot left-handed and that I should go to it exclusively. I wouldn't go that far, but I'll certainly try to become good at it.

J Anderson
04-24-2013, 07:31 AM
The pro shop guy said I was the first person ever that has had balls drilled for both hands. Last time I was bowling, he stopped by and watched awhile, then told me that I have a good shot left-handed and that I should go to it exclusively. I wouldn't go that far, but I'll certainly try to become good at it.

Welcome!

I've had some people say that when I bowl left-handed it looks better than my natural right-handed shot. On the other hand, the owner of the pro shop once said " I never want to see you bowl left-handed again." That was when I was trying to sport league lefty and barely averaging 140. Lately I've been in a slump lefty, and really need to work with one of my coaching friends to straighten it out.