PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my new ball

Hick215
04-14-2013, 07:23 AM
While I had the kids at bowling yesterday I went into the Pro Shop and ordered my Hammer Nail... should have it mid week. Cant wait. I havent really bowled since i was a kid and now i get to go with my kids.

ArtVandelay
04-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Nice! We have/had (where is unclemints, if I'm getting his name right, these days???) another member who LOVES the nail. And there's something awesome about having a ball called the Hammer Nail.

They say nothing hits like a Hammer. While I'm enjoying my Crossroad and Droid, I do miss my Hammer No Mercy (it was an exceptional ball. Lots of great memories with it!). They're a great brand.

J Anderson
04-14-2013, 02:16 PM
where is unclemints, if I'm getting his name right, these days???

I think its unclemantis. Hopefully he's got lots of work and not enough time to both bowl and blog about it.

Hick215
04-14-2013, 04:46 PM
I have been looking for a bag now, and was wondering, does everyone carry their shoes in their bag with their balls or in a separate bag? I have found a nice 2 ball Hammer bag to go with the ball but it does not have a place too carry shoes. And for some reason, carrying a bag with another manufactures name on it without a ball of such name does not make sense. Any opinions....

ghoul31
04-14-2013, 05:21 PM
I like my BSI 2 ball roller. It has a place for shoes

ArtVandelay
04-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Meh... Don't worry about brand loyalty. Just get a bag that works for you. But I think my pops bag is a one ball Hammer, and he fits his shoes in there just fine. There's always space if put them in toe first and aren't too concerned about them getting squished at all. But I think his actually fits quite comfortably and he also has room for a towel, unless I'm mistaken.

Hick215
04-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I really like the Hammer 2 ball tote, the orange and black one. And it does look like it could hold shoes but states that it cant. However, I think i am goin to go with the Pyramid Path Double Tote Plus Clear Top Black/Orange. Cant go wrong, only $28

ArtVandelay
04-14-2013, 07:31 PM
you might consider getting a roller. For $28, I would have questions about its durability over time. With a roller, you don't have to worry about what 30 (or so) pounds is about to fall on if/when the strap breaks.

Plus, I've found you accumulate junk from time to time so having something with some extra storage is a great idea.

And if you REALLY want to go crazy, you could always get a 3 ball roller! I did a review on my Storm 3 ball roller on these forums. I'm still very happy with my purchase (although I'm starting to see a possible concern on the handle...).

Hick215
04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
I ordered it off bowlingball.com and got it on a great sale, http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-bags/Pyramid/10389/Path-Double-Tote-Plus-Clear-Top-Black-Silver-MEGA-DEAL.html# here is a link, was originally a $60 bag. i was thinking about a roller, but just decided against it at this point.

SmilingBowler
04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Nice! We have/had (where is unclemints, if I'm getting his name right, these days???) another member who LOVES the nail. And there's something awesome about having a ball called the Hammer Nail.

They say nothing hits like a Hammer. While I'm enjoying my Crossroad and Droid, I do miss my Hammer No Mercy (it was an exceptional ball. Lots of great memories with it!). They're a great brand.

I think you mean unclemantis - I haven't seen him on the boards recently, but I'm sure he'll return at some point, hopefully he sees this, and yes, I do believe that Hammer Nail is his primary ball.

got_a_300
04-14-2013, 10:57 PM
We have several people in our center that are throwing the new
Hammer Nail and they seem to like it pretty good.

I haven't thrown a Hammer ball since they were made by Fab ball
how ever many years that has been not since the old black and red
Hammers and the original blue Nail were popular.

ghetto24
04-17-2013, 10:05 AM
ive actually owned a few hammers as of late. I had the psycho raw hammer, toxic raw hammer, and the epidemic. while I REALLY liked the toxic, the other two just hooked way too much for me. haven't tried any of the new ones because ive kind of become a dv8 whore. lol

hammerhead300
04-17-2013, 05:19 PM
As my username probably suggests, I am a Hammer fan, though I've switched to Storm for my last couple balls. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to switching back to Hammer, it's just that Storm is big where I bowl, so I get to try a lot of them and know what to expect out of them when I have them drilled. Every Hammer I've owned has hit like a Mack truck, though.

It is kind of cool seeing Hammer go back to some of the names of the Faball days.