PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Tank Review

sportshot
04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Ball Specs:
Motiv Tank
Solid Urethane
2000 Grit Sanded
Symmetrical Core / 15lb 2.48 RG .034 Diff.
Layout 65 x 4 x 35 No Balance Hole

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
Motiv has done a great job lately of giving bowlers a multitude of reactions within its lineup. The new Motiv Tank is no exception. This is a true Urethane ball from Motiv and it is a good one! The Tank is a good choice for drier lanes or when you need to even out a tough lane condition. The ball has the predictable Urethane roll that most of us have seen before. The ball is very even and there is no over / under reaction. The ball hits hard but you will not see pins dancing around like when they are hit by the reactive balls. I was very pleased by the way the Tank drove through the pins.
I tested the Tank on a dry house shot. I am a little older so I have thrown Urethane in the past and had a good idea of what to expect. The roll was heavy and once I got lined up I never missed the pocket. On a tough lane that would be nice feeling to have. The ball hit better than I expected and flared more than any Urethane I had used in the past. I think the Venom Core was a good choice for this ball. The Tank was about 3 boards weaker than my Pink ascent. This ball will go with me to tournaments or short patterns. I don’t think I will start with the Tank but it will be nice to know I have it in my arsenal and know it will be needed from time to time. The shelf appeal again is very good and I got a lot of people telling me it looked awesome.
I would also like to thank Motiv for supporting the Wounded Warrior Project with this ball.

Summary:
Predictable motion.
Very good hit from a Urethane
A great choice for dry lanes or tough conditions.
Another nice addition to the lineup.
A great addition to a tournament arsenal.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
Video Link
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200382292173592&set=o.217343585031629&type=2&theater