PDA

View Full Version : Advise to pass on or not to pass on?

WolfGirl1980
04-16-2013, 12:48 AM
My Fall/Winter League just ended and we finished second to to dead last and of course there is one vacant team in the league so I am not sure if we beat the vacant team or not but I do know we came in next to dead last and I want to help my team by passing along the advise I have been given from here and bowling youtube videos and bowling apps but on the other hand I don't want them thinking well who is she to be giving advise she not that good it isn't like she averages a 200 or at least 160 or 150 or 175 so I am stuck there usually keeping my mouth shut when I know what could help my team mates do better cause I can see what there ball going to do when they release it and I am just itching to help them but I don't know weather or not to keep my mouth shut or to pass along my bowling knowlege that you all have so generiously blessed me with, so what should I do?

-Sara

J Anderson
04-16-2013, 11:59 AM
My Fall/Winter League just ended and we finished second to to dead last and of course there is one vacant team in the league so I am not sure if we beat the vacant team or not but I do know we came in next to dead last and I want to help my team by passing along the advise I have been given from here and bowling youtube videos and bowling apps but on the other hand I don't want them thinking well who is she to be giving advise she not that good it isn't like she averages a 200 or at least 160 or 150 or 175 so I am stuck there usually keeping my mouth shut when I know what could help my team mates do better cause I can see what there ball going to do when they release it and I am just itching to help them but I don't know weather or not to keep my mouth shut or to pass along my bowling knowlege that you all have so generiously blessed me with, so what should I do?

-Sara

It seems that your league scores have gone up since you started posting here. That should give you some credibility when you offer advice to your teammates.

I think you should pass things along that you think will help your team. Be aware that they may choose not to take your advice for any number of reasons.

I often ignore advice during competition. Most of the time because the person is telling me something I already know, ( Your arm came across your body ),
without telling me how to fix it. Other times I have been given good advice, ( You're not getting your balance arm out ), but in focusing on fixing the problem I forget to keep my eyes on the target.

Try to not take it personally if they don't take the advice.

WolfGirl1980
04-16-2013, 12:12 PM
It seems that your league scores have gone up since you started posting here. That should give you some credibility when you offer advice to your teammates.

I think you should pass things along that you think will help your team. Be aware that they may choose not to take your advice for any number of reasons.

I often ignore advice during competition. Most of the time because the person is telling me something I already know, ( Your arm came across your body ),
without telling me how to fix it. Other times I have been given good advice, ( You're not getting your balance arm out ), but in focusing on fixing the problem I forget to keep my eyes on the target.

Try to not take it personally if they don't take the advice.

Thanks for the help!!!

Zothen
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
I tell my teammates all the time what I see them doing wrong and I have had teammates telll me. If they want to take advice fine,if not thats their choice. Sometimes we don't see what were doing wrong! Nice to have someone say "Hey why don't you try this?"

Zothen

WolfGirl1980
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
I tell my teammates all the time what I see them doing wrong and I have had teammates telll me. If they want to take advice fine,if not thats their choice. Sometimes we don't see what were doing wrong! Nice to have someone say "Hey why don't you try this?"

Zothen

Thanks I will do that next fall and winter when that league starts up and use it in this new league I am starting up tonight tonight I find out who my new teamates are and my friend is one of them and my cousin is secretary of the League for this summer and next fall so he should put me and my friend on a team at least I hope he finds me and my freind a team all we need is 2 more bowlers to make a team so I am hoping to get some bowlers with experience to help me out with my bowling well help me and my friend Amy if not I try to help them out. Anyways thanks for the advise.

Zothen
04-17-2013, 11:12 PM
No problem! Good luck with the summer league.

Zothen

WolfGirl1980
04-18-2013, 09:34 PM
No problem! Good luck with the summer league.

Zothen

Thanks and by the looks of it I got my work cut out for me also. We got a two handed bowler who is not very accurate or conssistant, his name is Matt and we got one who may be good, his bowling coach is my cousin. I just found out that my cousin is a USBC Certified Coach eventhough, why she won't coach me is beyond me. Also my friend she is handicap like me but instead of mentally handicap, she is physically handicapped so she has to throw a straight ball cause she only got the use of one hand, but the fact that she can bowl at all amazes me, but, we just there to have fun, me, I am a serious bowler, I am the only one who bowls seriously, that I know of, I am there to have fun also, but of course, I am always there to bowl with some level of competitiveness.

-Sara

j1boomer
04-19-2013, 11:18 PM
it's not singles. need to work as a team. helping each other will make things more fun and everyone will improve their game

WolfGirl1980
04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Well good I will start giving my advice out to my team then and help my team win cause I am sure they would do the same for me and I know my friend would without hesitation.

-Sara

WolfGirl1980
05-05-2013, 08:52 AM
How would I go about giving advice to a left handed bowler who throws a straight ball? and how would I go about giving advice to a 2 handed bowler cause that something I know nothing about I want to help my team if the two handed bowler shows up he's paid for five weeks in advance but didn't show up last week one hasn't shown up at all except for the meeting. The left handed bowler who throws the straight ball is my best friend so any advice I can pass along I would appreciate it.

Sara

classygranny
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Sara

Think about asking your left handed friend to come and watch your lesson. Suggest that they would then be able to assist you when your coach is not around. They would know the terminology your coach used, what they looked for, and what they are trying to get you to accomplish. This may translate into them looking into their own bowling, so the two of you could feed off of each other's information. Bowling left handed is no different, just think of it being a mirror image of us right handed bowlers.

I try and take my sister to my bowling lessons for several reasons. She takes notes, this allows me time to listen and absorb, but still have notes afterwards to refer to. She is a very observant type of person, so when she goes with me to my Friday league to watch, she can relate what I am doing to what my coach has shown me. She isn't even a bowler, but I trust her comments about my bowling more than most of my teammates.

Think about using your friend as a "buddy system" - you help me, and I help you.

Good Luck in your lesson...can't wait until i get with my new coach mid-month.

JPbowl
05-05-2013, 11:55 AM
If i give advice during league its basic things, more/less speed . try moving over/up. your pulling the ball at release ..
Just got to remember not to give pointers to the other team, lol. Its' come back to bite us.

classygranny
05-05-2013, 12:07 PM
If i give advice during league its basic things, more/less speed . try moving over/up. your pulling the ball at release ..
Just got to remember not to give pointers to the other team, lol. Its' come back to bite us.

DITTO!! I've had that happen for the first and last time. Now when the other team asks for my advice or suggestions, i just calmly say, "I'd rather not discuss the subject while I'm bowling, when we are done, I will be happy to talk with you." and I do just that.

WolfGirl1980
05-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Sara

Think about asking your left handed friend to come and watch your lesson. Suggest that they would then be able to assist you when your coach is not around. They would know the terminology your coach used, what they looked for, and what they are trying to get you to accomplish. This may translate into them looking into their own bowling, so the two of you could feed off of each other's information. Bowling left handed is no different, just think of it being a mirror image of us right handed bowlers.

I try and take my sister to my bowling lessons for several reasons. She takes notes, this allows me time to listen and absorb, but still have notes afterwards to refer to. She is a very observant type of person, so when she goes with me to my Friday league to watch, she can relate what I am doing to what my coach has shown me. She isn't even a bowler, but I trust her comments about my bowling more than most of my teammates.

Think about using your friend as a "buddy system" - you help me, and I help you.

Good Luck in your lesson...can't wait until i get with my new coach mid-month.

Thanks me too I try and get her to come and see if she can take me to my lessons and mom pick me up and I see if my coach will do a group rate cause think my mom still gonna pay her some money just can't afford what she normally charges maybe she will do a two for one rate. i am excited for you also for when you get with your new coach mid month and I love the wiener dog in fact I used to have one, not that color or anything and not that long it was a miniature wiener dog black and tan one her name was Doc. and I miss her, she probably gone by now. I had recently had to put my Border Collie to sleep and its been hard on me I just wish I could have given him a better life and not on in a cage we were just scared he would run off with Bandit my other dog who passed away recently Luke the border collie went down hill fast after bandit passed he wasn't the same after she died. she was my Husky and yes I know I had a pair like in snow dogs the movie if you remember in that movie they had a husky named demon and a female border collie name Nana.