PDA

View Full Version : An Agonizin' Reappraisal....

The German Shepherd
04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
I have been a Storm & Roto Grip fan ever since I picked up bowling again at the end of 2011. I have recently picked up a used DV8 Too Reckless and just recently a DV8 Brutal Nightmare. These two pieces of bowling ordinance are causing me to reconsider who my favorite ball manufacturer is. I am becoming a real DV8 fan.

Does anyone here own the Brutal Nightmare AND the original Nightmare? What is the difference in the way they react/perform??? I am looking to my next acquisition...

Jay

ghetto24
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
ive just recently got the too reckless from a buddy of mine and LOVE it!!! our house is having a dv8 league where you get dv8 of choice at the end. I plan on getting the brutal nightmare. every review ive read of the brutal vs the regular is that the brutal hooks more. I believe the one I heard said the brutal nightmare goes down the lane and it looks like someone kicked it. it snaps that much! im excited to get it, but rumor has it dv8 has new balls coming out soon! im not sure what im going to do. im lucking out because my step dad is bowling in the same league and told me I could have his ball. im almost positive that my second choice will be the marauder madness

Washout
04-16-2013, 04:51 PM
I am about 3 weeks in with my Brutal Nightmare, the difference between the Brutal and the Original is the coverstock, the BN will give you a more agressive hook, it is like ghetto described, when it hits the dry it REALLY kicks. I have never had that kind of pin action before. It took a bit of getting used to, but now that I have my spot and know how to throw it my scores have been coming up.

that being said it is an awful ball to use on dry conditions haha.

billf
04-16-2013, 09:30 PM
The Brutal came via UPS yesterday. Naturally I brought it to the roll off with me. Maybe, just maybe, after a few weeks I will figure out how to keep it on the correct side of the rack. All I could hit were 4 and 7 pins. Of course my center has natural wood lanes and at best, medium oil so everything takes off like crazy. Actually, reality is, it's just tougher to get the ball out compared to synthetic lanes so the snap for me is harder on synthetics due to the ball retaining more energy to the break point.

ghetto24
04-16-2013, 09:37 PM
while I really want the ball, im scared to get it. with my revs, I have a hard enough time keeping the ball on the lane, but as of late, ive had to move right as the lanes broke down. I know, makes no sense.

billf
04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Makes sense to me. I will often move both feet and target right. There are times that the angle from moving so far left just doesn't allow for the correct entry angle.
Playing up the 1-3 board allows you to play where most bowlers can't.

ghetto24
04-17-2013, 09:32 AM
that line scares the **** out of me. I don't like throwing it. you would think after bowling for as long as I have that I would have total arm control. nope! sometimes, no matter what I tell it to do, my arm can and will do what it wants

Washout
04-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I threw my BN into the gutter 5 times on my first ball last night while working on a new line haha, and after each one I threw a spare. However I still managed a 598 series, probably should have been a high 600s series though. It is just awesome when it hammers the pocket, and I rarely leave up the 10 pin, something I did with my C-System 3.5 a ton. I honestly feel I can average 200 on medium to heavy conditions with this ball once I have my spot down, something I thought I'd never be capeable of.