PDA

View Full Version : Today we are all Bostonians...

The German Shepherd
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Praying for the people of Boston and for all those injured and those who lost loved ones as a result of the terror attack yesterday...

Jay

BigErn32
04-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Good call Shepherd. There should not be any of this violence anywhere in the world. No one should have to deal with this. Its sad to think bombs like this are going off in streets pretty often in Afghanistan. Sad all around. I was glad to hear that my friend who ran in the race was safe.

ghetto24
04-16-2013, 04:13 PM
my brothers company usually does the set up for the marathon. as bad as this is to say, im glad he wasn't there, this year. its just ridiculous what people do!!!

billf
04-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Maybe I should call my brother and make sure none of his family went to watch. I was fairly confident that they wouldn't, or at least he wouldn't. I would hate to hear his wife took the kids to watch. Hopefully I remember tomorrow BEFORE his bed time.

got_a_300
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes it is just a shame that some one would want to do
something like they did just to get a chance to try and
hurt some innocent people.

I hope with all my heart and soul that they catch who
ever did that and deal harshly with them as they well
deserve what ever happens to them.

billf
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
My brother and his family are fine. He said he is so allergic to physical activity that he can't even watch others do it lmao
Hard to believe he was on the '88 Olympic baseball team. At least he hasn't put on much weight.

got_a_300
04-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Glad to hear you family members are safe bill.

GeoLes
04-18-2013, 04:19 PM
In full agreement. My prayers are with you all in Boston.

75lockwood
04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Things seem to be getting worse before they get better...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/04/19/boston-mit-shooting-campus-police-officer.html

got_a_300
04-20-2013, 11:55 AM
I am so glad that the ordeal is finally over and those fine folks
can get back to normal life or something close to a normal life
anyway.

billf
04-21-2013, 12:07 AM
I think it's time to bring back firing squads and public hangings for certain offenses. Hiding/shielding people from real consequences has de-sensitized society.

ArtVandelay
04-21-2013, 10:53 PM
My Grandfather lived in Hanover and spent the last years of his life in a high rise apartment building in Boston. The best memories of my childhood were in Boston. Im still sick, but a Boston native (Bill Simmons, aka The Sports Guy, formerly The Boston Sports Guy) said it best:

http://youtu.be/lbHMRpdk3_4

That's my hometown. You can't break Boston. People have been trying for 350 years. It's not happening. We will mourn the fallen, raise money for the victims and come back more defiant than ever. For anyone who thinks the marathon has been ruined or irrevocably altered — you're wrong. Too many people will do whatever it takes to rebuild that race, improve it, protect it, make it better than it was. I bet more people run next year's race than ever before. It's our own little holiday, the most sacred of days. Everyone from Boston has watched the race near the finish line at least once. Everyone has gone to that 11 a.m. Red Sox game. Everyone has a family member who ran the race and at least one or two good friends who pulled off the 26.2 miles. So when someone tries to blow that day up in the most evil way possible, you pull yourself back together, try to process the senselessness, slowly feel yourself getting pissed off, and then sing the national anthem at the top of your lungs and send a message to everyone else. I'm proud of you, Boston.

Judy clemons
04-22-2013, 07:26 AM
I:) am PROUD of you ArtVandelay!

GeoLes
04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
It seems that we have become increasingly hard since 911. That means we are losing more and more of our humanity. It is refreshing to see so many people decide to put on compassion rather than anger. There may still be some hope for the Human race.