PDA

View Full Version : Boned not once, but twice....

JTesta1966
04-20-2013, 05:47 AM
So I show up borderline late. Get set, one practice ball on each lane.... Line up, first game...front 8, buried stone 7 pin.... something, and something for 266..... Ok, I'm annoyed, try to line up again... little hard time, made a hand position change tried getting it to work....206...it didnt work. Go back to original line, front 9..... stone 9 pin!!, then another!! 278....UGHHH!!! 300 eluded me TWICE last night! 750 series..... Missed the pocket once last night (second game, just threw a bomb) and all but a couple were high flush, nothing left on the deck.....couple were the 10 pin kickers, but otherwise nothing flew high.... was like my angle and speed were perfect for the night

So my question begs...... 9 pin, isnt that left when the ball has rolled out? I sure didnt see it in the reaction, flare was normal, track normal..... what can I do to prevent it? Of course assuming something wasnt simply off spot? Playing stand on ~20, put down ~15, belly to ~8 was walkin right in.... was one of those nights ya could just stroke em......

striker12
04-20-2013, 06:58 AM
when you leave a 9pin if your right handed then your ball did not bounce off the 5pin when it went back but it followed the 5pin instead making you miss the 9pin has happened to me alot if the ball is getting abit to aggressive on the backend.

Greenday
04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
As a righty, you leave the 9 pin when you have too strong an angle into the pocket. Taking just a slightly straighter path should fix that, allowing the ball to properly deflect off the 1 pin and 5 pin.

budda
04-22-2013, 08:34 AM
It is usually due to to much angle. It is hard to adjust for cause its not like a corner pin. When it happens it just kinda happens. It also could have been just a pin that was off set a tiny bit. Corner pins are easy to adjust for, 8 and 9 are not. If you are on a string and the 9 is the last one to fall, you might want to make a small hand adjustment. Other than that, just let em fly!!!
good luck

got_a_300
04-22-2013, 11:35 AM
As some of the others have said your ball is going along
with the 5 pin and not going off of the pin deck where it
should be it should go off right on top of where the 9 pin
would be.

The only thing you can do about that is just chalk it up to
throwing a good ball that just didn't carry because it was
maybe a little bit to aggressive when hitting the pocket.

I have lost out on many 300 games because of those pesky
8 and 9 pins standing there looking at you after throwing
what looked to be a perfect shot.

Mike White
05-31-2013, 10:23 PM
The usual case for a 9 pin when everything else looks correct is the ball hits slightly higher than perfect.
The headpin instead of following the 2 pin towards the 7 pin deflects off the 2 pin and into the 5 pin.
This causes the 5 pin to be in a different location (when the ball makes contact) having a negative effect (i.e. not enough) on the balls deflection.

GoodGorilla
06-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Some of the replys baffel me. For me personally, if I get a ringing 10 I didn't have enough angle. A stone 10 to much angle. I don't normally adjust unless I do 2 in a row. Oh silly me, this is about 9 pins not 10's. I should read the thread because I don't know the answers.