PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a used ball with same ball new (Defiant for Defiant)

coachkapps
04-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Anyone replace their old ball (ex. Defiant) with a new one of the same? I just did and I can't believe the difference in how it hooks and carries. I liked the look I was getting at my 2nd house and decided to pull the trigger on a used one with a few games on it.

Do you subscribe to the viewpoint that a ball only has a certain number of games on it? I don't necessarily think it's completely useless, but this kind of shows me that it certainly changes after a few hundred games. I ended up polishing the old Defiant (for a friend to try) and may just keep it that way as another choice.

swingset
04-20-2013, 08:33 PM
All depends on how you maintain it.

ssclary
04-20-2013, 08:55 PM
I have two balls that I use steadily, I have purchased a second of each that I have kept NIB. I felt like these two balls have provided me the best look/reaction for my style/approach. I noticed the covers were taking a beating and thought, I will hate the day I don't have this ball as an option. I know in the upcoming years some company will make a new ball that will be just as good, but I still I like having the ability to throw my ball without worrying about damage or lifespan, knowing I can go to the closet and pull a fresh one.

I will continue to try new equipment and hope I can find a new ball to use well and frequently.

This is also me being an extremist....

coachkapps
04-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I take amazing care of my stuff. I just throw a lot of games. I probably average 15+ a week.

billf
04-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Is there a time when a ball loses it's hitting power? Yes. Depends on maintainence AND how well it handles hitting stationary objects before the core goes bad. After 1,034 games with my Victory Road I bought another and drilled it the same. I didn't see any real difference and gave it away.