PDA

View Full Version : Hammer arson pearl or .....

zemeckis
04-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Hello folks,

After some thought on a addition to my current arsenal (Storm vivid , rotogrip defiant edge , storm fire road).
I wanted to change to a other brand witch would be Brunswick , DV8 or Hammer.
After some talk trough with my proshop guy we came out with the arson pearl as addition to my fire road.

Any one got some feedback about the arson pearl or has sugestions into something els.

Its gonne be a ball that come between my defiant edge en fire road.

I use my vivid on heavy oil and longer patterns thats why its dare for my defiant edge is kinda my go to ball all the time its drilled pretty std pin under ring finger with cg kicked a little out it has a nice midlane roll and goes smooth to the pocket and hits pretty hard, my fire road is more drilled to go long and has a hard snap at the backhand i use this one once it gets dryer.

im now looking into something that can go longer but with a little les snap reaction more a smooth roll.

Thx for taking the time to read and provide some help.

Grtz.

sukeetoshyoo88
04-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Hello folks,

After some thought on a addition to my current arsenal (Storm vivid , rotogrip defiant edge , storm fire road).
I wanted to change to a other brand witch would be Brunswick , DV8 or Hammer.
After some talk trough with my proshop guy we came out with the arson pearl as addition to my fire road.

Any one got some feedback about the arson pearl or has sugestions into something els.

Its gonne be a ball that come between my defiant edge en fire road.

I use my vivid on heavy oil and longer patterns thats why its dare for my defiant edge is kinda my go to ball all the time its drilled pretty std pin under ring finger with cg kicked a little out it has a nice midlane roll and goes smooth to the pocket and hits pretty hard, my fire road is more drilled to go long and has a hard snap at the backhand i use this one once it gets dryer.

im now looking into something that can go longer but with a little les snap reaction more a smooth roll.

Thx for taking the time to read and provide some help.

Grtz.

did you end up getting a ball?

i was thinking of getting an arson pearl also, but ended up giong with a 300a instead. really like it for dry lanes.
if you're looking for something just a little bit weaker than the fire road and nto a huge snap on the back end. you might want to look into the versa max drilled for length.
i use it on medium conditions and has kind of a smooth angular motion not so skid flippy.
though im not sure if it's going to go longer than your fire road.....

zemeckis
05-04-2013, 09:33 AM
No ive not yet got a new ball still looking into it. but ill take a look into the 300a and the versa max.

billf
05-04-2013, 10:49 AM
The drilling will affect the snap. The smaller the VAL angle the harsher the snap. If you went with a VAL around 60° it would move in a nice smooth arc.

zemeckis
05-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah im starting to learn more and more about drillings... thats also the reason that i have not yet bought a new ball. but i was thinking about a drilling with a val from 70°.

billf
05-04-2013, 04:35 PM
That's the beauty of dual angle layouts, they can be customized to any bowler to replicate any reaction with almost any ball. Now the best reaction does come when the drilling matches the bowler, ball and conditions.