PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to Make 1000.00 in 14 weeks!!

MICHAEL
04-23-2013, 04:54 PM
The Dude turned me down, we have a 14 week summer league offering 1000.00 for first place, looking for a Top Gun!! Someone willing to fly into Kansas City, (if need be), to bowl with Iceman for the BIG PRIZE!! I am at a point in my life, (with that 300 game out of the way), where I am ready to do some serious damage, and in the process make some bowling ball money!!! Only serious bowlers, with 200 plus need apply! Will do background checks!!

Starts 5/7/13!!

Give me your name, and bowling average below!!!

billf
04-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Are you covering airfare?

Greenday
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Well, my current league average is 177. Lately, I've been bowling nearly a 600 every week so I'm bowling consistently above my average. AND I'm still getting better every week.

Who's paying my flights?

Btw, I'm going to do a mixed doubles cash league this summer. $5,000 to the winning team.

MICHAEL
04-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Are you covering airfare?

PAY THE AIR-FAIR.... not FAIR at all!!! LOL

MICHAEL
04-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, my current league average is 177. Lately, I've been bowling nearly a 600 every week so I'm bowling consistently above my average. AND I'm still getting better every week.

Who's paying my flights?

Btw, I'm going to do a mixed doubles cash league this summer. $5,000 to the winning team.

Sounds like your on your way UP!!!! Keep it up, and maybe next year you will be ready to bowl WITH (((((ICEMAN))))!!! Good luck with the $5,000! My bowling wife and me are bowling in the AMF tournament Big 22.....and out of 12 teams we were as of last week in First Place... Its for $8,000 first place... Good luck to both of us!!!

SmilingBowler
04-23-2013, 11:14 PM
I LOVE THAT! KEEP DREAMING BIG!

Though my averages are creeping back up to 175 again, I do not see any leagues with a top prize that large for a summer league. But yea, I'd definitely be interested as well. In the meantime, I'll continue to focus on my mark and keeping my swing consistent and seeing how well I can improve my average with my Ebonite Innovate and all new Roto Grip Disturbed (which I won here earlier this month and will most likely have it drilled tomorrow night).

Happy Bowling! (: .)

75lockwood
04-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Iceman, if i were you i would pay to fly bill in......

Gunz1911
04-24-2013, 09:42 AM
If you fly Billf out, might just have to start calling him Maverick. Just remember to keep your shirts on... this isnt beach volleyball.

MICHAEL
04-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Iceman, if i were you i would pay to fly bill in......

Bill who??? Any relation to Dr Who?? Wow am I into that series on Netflex!! That and all the various Star trek stuff!! God bless bowling and Netflex!! lol

Zothen
04-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Poor poor Iceman! Looks like you need Maverick to save your *** again!

Zothen

MICHAEL
04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Yes Iceman needs a TOP GUN

TCJ
04-24-2013, 04:44 PM
If you want someone who's almost guaranteed to shoot his average, I'm your man. Then again, I seem to have stepped up in tournaments (on synthetic, don't ask about wood lanes) this year with a 708, 669, 678, and 640 (average of 196). But I'm not quite into the 200's so I wouldn't work out. Of course, I wouldn't be flying anywhere to bowl anyway, so I guess even if you DID want to bowl with me, you'd be out of luck.

MICHAEL
04-24-2013, 11:33 PM
If you want someone who's almost guaranteed to shoot his average, I'm your man. Then again, I seem to have stepped up in tournaments (on synthetic, don't ask about wood lanes) this year with a 708, 669, 678, and 640 (average of 196). But I'm not quite into the 200's so I wouldn't work out. Of course, I wouldn't be flying anywhere to bowl anyway, so I guess even if you DID want to bowl with me, you'd be out of luck.

Your the kind of partner that I would defiantly consider! You would get handicap, but looking at your series,,, can explode like a firecracker at any given time!
Yes,,, I would put you toward the top!! Too bad distance is involved!!

TCJ
04-25-2013, 12:26 AM
I can also fizzle like a dud bomb. :P

MICHAEL
04-25-2013, 01:07 AM
I can also fizzle like a dud bomb. :P

YOU and everyone else!!! I have my, (as you put it fizzle moments) LOL..... You have some great scores keep it up... I might move up to your neck of the woods!! LOL

noeymc
04-25-2013, 01:21 AM
i have 3 different avgs my highest is on heavy oil that i use my shatter on its 192 my lowest is 178 on light light oil where my shatter happens to be my weakest ball and i have to drop my revs all the way down :(

MICHAEL
04-25-2013, 09:34 AM
The perfect bowling mate!! Then I will have two 300 games, since he will be me, and I will be him!! I am not sure AMF could handle the two of us, ,, but its worth looking into since no worthy bowlers, ((IN MY AREA)) want to make an easy $1000.00 in 14 weeks! That's what happens when you become a TOP GUN!

ITS LONLY at the TOP!! Damn lonely!! Well I need to change the brakes on my Goldwing,,, that should distract me for about 5 minutes!! Easy job on my bike.

Did I tell anyone that I actually took the IQ tour pearl for a ride on my bike? It fit perfectly behind me. Funny thing, almost at every stop, people were coming up to smell, and touch my ball!! Such is the allure of Storm IQ tour pearl!!

billf
04-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Mike, a ball that cracks from riding on a cycle IS NOT covered by warranty. This includes but not limited to falling off or scaring the crack into it due to speed or reckless driving.

MICHAEL
04-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Mike, a ball that cracks from riding on a cycle IS NOT covered by warranty. This includes but not limited to falling off or scaring the crack into it due to speed or reckless driving.

Bill,,,,daaa,,, I have it in a child's seat, safety belt and all!! I put a wig on it, and use a magic marker, (the kind that you can wipe off), make a face of a happy bowling ball!! It looks so damn cute, that I just want to go bowl with her! I get lots of waves!!! comments from people driving by, like: ( Wow that takes balls)!! My reply: Ya,,, its good for kids, and balls!! She was good to me tonight..... What a ball!! Storm IQ Pearl,, order one from this site!!!

MICHAEL
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM

this is how my wife and me take our 3 ball bags, and two carry on ones to the lanes, (when the weather is nice)!! We made the trailer out of a cheap unit from Harbor Freight, modified it several ways, and put a Car Cargo carrier on top! Its pulls like nothing there at all!! All for about 300.00!! I have gone form Modesto Ca, to Kansas city several times pulling it! That's the bike 2002 Goldwing that I changed the brakes on today.... took about 10 minutes... lol!!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/bikeandhomemadetrailer_zps76e0a73c.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/bikeandhomemadetrailer_zps76e0a73c.jpg.html)

got_a_300
04-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah MICHAEL nice looking Goldwing that's the luxury ride of
all motorcycles in my opinion. I've been wanting to get myself a
Goldwing trike but I will probably never be able to afford it.

MICHAEL
04-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh yeah MICHAEL nice looking Goldwing that's the luxury ride of
all motorcycles in my opinion. I've been wanting to get myself a
Goldwing trike but I will probably never be able to afford it.

THANKS,,, its looks brand NEW! I have taken good care of it! Its a 2002. I purchased it new, made in Maryville OH.... Now they are made in Japan (:(! But I hear unlike many American companies, they did keep all of the workers, and are now making parts for other Honda lines. GOOD FOR HONDA!!! 4 years ago while still living in Modesto Ca... I made a trip back to Kansas city in two days.... 1800 miles....Its my baby,,,,, right up there next to my IQ tour pearl!!!

JaMau24
04-28-2013, 01:49 AM
Let it be known that I am NOT turning down ICEMAN, but I'm turning down BOWLING! All of my leagues combined this winter, I've bowled over 375+ games, that doesn't include tournaments and doesn't include practice. At this moment, I'm burnt out and tired of bowling being that I've been bowling multiple times a week for the last 36 weeks. I want to take the summer off from leagues, and focus on other things. However, I'm planning on subbing every now and then at the alley, and planning on some tournaments.

I feel bad that my break has to be at the expense of not bowling with Mike, but I'm not having fun when I bowl right now. I can't force something that I don't feel like doing (even if we have a great shot at winning the money).

billf
04-28-2013, 09:46 AM
I've tried taking a break before. The longest I can seem to go is a week. I've only been bowling 7 years but it has been year round minus the two weeks total of breaks. But being older (44), no kids at home and nothing else to really do it is my stress relief from work and wife lol

MICHAEL
04-28-2013, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=JaMau24;83830]Let it be known that I am NOT turning down ICEMAN, but I'm turning down BOWLING! All of my leagues combined this winter, I've bowled over 375+ games, that doesn't include tournaments and doesn't include practice. At this moment, I'm burnt out and tired of bowling being that I've been bowling multiple times a week for the last 36 weeks. I want to take the summer off from leagues, and focus on other things. However, I'm planning on subbing every now and then at the alley, and planning on some tournaments.

I feel bad that my break has to be at the expense of not bowling with Mike, but I'm not having fun when I bowl right now. I can't force something that I don't feel like doing (even if we have a great shot at winning the money).[/QUOTE

It's your call Dude/Jason! I have read horror stories about other young men taking breaks, and most wound up with Brain Damage!! (Just a word of caution)!! To a friend!

Probowlerjg
04-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Iceman we are up to 12 teams in the summer doubles. I am bowling with Pat THE BEAST Henderson. Our team name will be Beauty and the Beast. I have told a lot of ppl about the league and we would love to get it up to 20+.

James Graham
Lord Field Amateur II Staff
www.lorfield.com
“Changing Bowling, One Bowler At A Time”.

MICHAEL
04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST??? If Pats the BEAST,,, then who in hell is the Beauty,,, aren't you bowling with him??? For all of you that don't know Pat Henderson, check him out on the records website.
He has godzillion 300/800 ect.... and still kicking them out at 59!!! He is truly a BEAST!! He is in the Missouri bowling Hall of Fame!! Will be fun bowing him and beautiful James!!! LOL

MICHAEL
04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
I will be bowling with Gene! He is also one hell of a bowler! I am very happy with my bowling mate, and think togerther we can do some serious damage on any given day! Will keep you all posted on the short 14 week league to glory as it progresses!! How many balls can a bowler buy with 1000.00 bucks!! LOL
NEED A NICKNAME for Gene,,,,any ideas??

MICHAEL
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
I favor the nickname The WIZARD!! He just reminds me of a wizard the way he can like magic pull a losing game out of a hat!!!