PDA

View Full Version : Looking to maybe get my first High Performance Bowling Ball What do you Suggest I get

WolfGirl1980
04-24-2013, 12:18 PM
I am looking to get a new ball, I have now a Entry Performance Ball and what I want is a High Performance ball that will have alot of action that will get me more strikes basically I just want more strikes more action cause most of the time I leave a pin and like last night I left 3 splits in a row even when I hit my mark and hit the pocket except for one shot hit brooklyn but that not the point the point is I want a ball that will have a lot of action or do I just need to get a heavier ball in the same ball I got now cause this is the ball the pro shop owner fit me with and I trust his judgment and everything but I think I might be ready and everything to go up to a high performance ball either that or a heavier ball what do all of you think let me know?

-Sara

sukeetoshyoo88
04-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Heavier I think would help if you can still keep speed And revs up.
Although throwing faster would also help. I belive inertia doubles with 2x the weight. But is squared for 2x speed.

But even so since you'll be putting more money into it. Why not get something different heavier or not Instead of the same ball?

A higher performance. Ball also will only give you more action with higher volumes of oil. If youre playing in dry conditions or medium conditions mid And lower performance balls might be a better choice.

WolfGirl1980
04-28-2013, 04:51 AM
Heavier I think would help if you can still keep speed And revs up.
Although throwing faster would also help. I belive inertia doubles with 2x the weight. But is squared for 2x speed.

But even so since you'll be putting more money into it. Why not get something different heavier or not Instead of the same ball?

A higher performance. Ball also will only give you more action with higher volumes of oil. If youre playing in dry conditions or medium conditions mid And lower performance balls might be a better choice.

How do I tell what Conditions are usually used at my bowling alley?

-Sara

J Anderson
04-28-2013, 08:27 AM
How do I tell what Conditions are usually used at my bowling alley?

-Sara

If you ask at the counter or ask the lane mechanic they might be able to tell you how long the pattern is and approximately how heavy the oil is.

WolfGirl1980
04-28-2013, 08:34 AM
If you ask at the counter or ask the lane mechanic they might be able to tell you how long the pattern is and approximately how heavy the oil is.

OK, THanks fOR tHE InfO!!!!!!

-Sara M. Frey

Zothen
04-29-2013, 12:47 PM
The average THS(Typical House Shot)is 38' christmas tree pattern or some variation of that.

Zothen

sukeetoshyoo88
04-30-2013, 07:36 AM
please some one correct me if im wrong.

i think it's more of watching what your ball is doing.
if my ball is pretty much skidding all the way down the lane and looks like it's having a hard time hooking back, it's time to grab something stronger or move right.
if it looks like my ball is starting to rev up way too early, and over hooking it's time to go to something weaker or move left.
or when you're hitting the pocket and have little to no carry, might be good to try going to a weaker ball.

i think another way possibly not sure. is when your ball comes back from the ball return and it's all greasy.
probably time to grab something stronger.
example is versa-max vs nexxus.
on oily lanes the versa max will have really big oil tracks, vs the nexxus that'll have skinnier oil tracks, or sometimes it'll almost be dry.

WolfGirl1980
05-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Well I would like to say I tried a heavier ball when I practiced it was a house ball and I did pretty good with it had relearn to throw a straight ball over again cause I usually don't bring follow through with my swing and bring arm or hand passed my right ear like I was taught to do my a guy on my team so yesterday I did that and it paid off in the last game when I finally figured that out and the hook on my ball came back I used that powerhouse cleaner again and it took the hook off my ball again only because I didn't have time to take the homemade simple green and alcohol mixture with me so starting this week I am going to empty the powerhouse cleaner and put my homemade stuff in it cause the simple green and alcohol worked great. The only thing I had a problem doing Monday at practice was bowling right and I think that was cause I wasn't following through and I was moving in the right spot for it to hit the pocket it kept going Brooklyn on me, but when it did go Brooklyn I made a strike but I know I am not suppose to hit there cause I am right handed my pocket is on the right.

-Sara